• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AC Twitter Thread: Curry Trashes High School Kids Speech...

I think he is the best player we have ever had.

He might be. Or he might have been the second-best player on his side of the ball his whole career.

Could argue either way. I'd vote second option myself, but I could see a valid argument the other way too.

Best football player, or best Wake Forest athlete?

Second to who?

Phons is who I would guess Va is talking about, ACC record and all.

Wow. Can't believe that AC did that. Hard to understand how a God-fearing man who preaches publicly about his faith doesn't have the God-given ability to treat his fellow man with dignity and respect.

Damn. Curry has been a huge disappointment in every way since the day he was drafted. Does he not understand how important public relations are for mediocre pro athletes? He should have given a motivational speech about hard work, signed autographs, and gotten his picture in the paper, but instead he was just an asshole on twitter to one of his only remaining fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: ITK
Hate to say this; but, I would not be surprised if there was a racial component to this.

Wow. Can't believe that AC did that. Hard to understand how a God-fearing man who preaches publicly about his faith doesn't have the God-given ability to treat his fellow man with dignity and respect.

Its disappointing. Obviously, everything flipped for him when he struggled on the field. He was always such a passionate player, and lack of playing time/mistakes have made him channel that passion elsewhere.

Hopefully AC makes it right with that kid and family. Its such an honor to be "looked up to", and I hope he can realize that.

In addition, I can't imagine not honoring a university, fan base, donors, and coaching staff that Gave you an opportunity to play BCS football and gave you a 170K education. He doesn't have to wear a Wake Forest hat everyday, or even not be a UNC fan. But he should respect the people who help get him where he is.

Didn't he take off his WF pin on draft night right before hitting the stage? There is some symbolic foreshadowing there.

Well, Phonz' first year the clear standout players on defense with Abbate and Gattis. Gattis was All-ACC. Phonz had a very strong freshman year, but he wasn't the best player on D.

Phonz' second year he struggled although he was a good nickelback in certain situations. Abbate and Gattis were both 1st team All-ACC. Swanson and Patterson were clearly better at CB than Phonz that year.

Back