• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

...and that's related to uncertainty fueled by political shenanigans

I agree in part. Here in NC, the uncertainty of the CSR funding is about a 15% rate impact. That being said, even with that funding, in many places rates are still going up, a lot.

Both sides to blame on this mess.

I agree in part. Here in NC, the uncertainty of the CSR funding is about a 15% rate impact. That being said, even with that funding, in many places rates are still going up, a lot.

Both sides to blame on this mess.

It would be so amazing if there could be bipartisan effort to actually try and make it better.

Good read but not all that insightful. We actually were big supporters of this and worked with them but they often do more harm than good from my seat. Give me a good agent who knows how health care works over a part time seasonal employee who has little to no experience in the space. Lots of horror stories.

I accept your experience.

However it's reasonable for a new program to need some time to develop and for its helper/navigators to become seasoned. Seems they have been busy helping lots of folks in spite of whatever their mistakes or deficiencies. Especially poorer or folks with more barriers to overcome.

----------
Brokers and Assister Programs engage in similar consumer assistance activities, with some differences. Both brokers and Assisters help consumers complete Marketplace applications, compare plan choices, and answer tax-related questions. Both also help consumers with post-enrollment problems. However, compared to Assister Programs, brokers less often engage in public outreach and education activities. Brokers also provide less help to consumers applying for Medicaid and more help to small businesses seeking small-group coverage.

Brokers and Assister Programs appear to serve somewhat different populations. Brokers were less likely than Assister Programs to serve Latinos, consumers who needed language translation help, consumers who lacked Internet service at home, or consumers with incomes low enough to be eligible for Medicaid. Brokers were also less likely than Assister Programs to say that most of their clients were uninsured at the time they sought help. However, returning brokers reported a higher degree of client continuity from year one compared to Assister Programs, indicating they may be establishing more ongoing relationships with their clients than Assister Programs have been able to do so far.
----------

Last edited:
Instead of only one side trying to make it better and the other just the opposite...

And then blaming the side trying to make it better.

Bernie introducing a Single Payer bill with endorsements from Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Elizabeth Warren, Sheldon Whitehouse, Jeff Markley, and Brian Schatz

So basically what this means is that the next Democratic presidential nominee is going to run on single payer, or as Hillary called it in her book, a pie in the sky "pony promise".

Last edited:
Conservative anecdotes are great, but they arent as good as chemotherapy and they dont keep you from going bankrupt from hospital bills.

I accept your experience.

However it's reasonable for a new program to need some time to develop and for its helper/navigators to become seasoned. Seems they have been busy helping lots of folks in spite of whatever their mistakes or deficiencies. Especially poorer or folks with more barriers to overcome.

----------
Brokers and Assister Programs engage in similar consumer assistance activities, with some differences. Both brokers and Assisters help consumers complete Marketplace applications, compare plan choices, and answer tax-related questions. Both also help consumers with post-enrollment problems. However, compared to Assister Programs, brokers less often engage in public outreach and education activities. Brokers also provide less help to consumers applying for Medicaid and more help to small businesses seeking small-group coverage.

Brokers and Assister Programs appear to serve somewhat different populations. Brokers were less likely than Assister Programs to serve Latinos, consumers who needed language translation help, consumers who lacked Internet service at home, or consumers with incomes low enough to be eligible for Medicaid. Brokers were also less likely than Assister Programs to say that most of their clients were uninsured at the time they sought help. However, returning brokers reported a higher degree of client continuity from year one compared to Assister Programs, indicating they may be establishing more ongoing relationships with their clients than Assister Programs have been able to do so far.
----------

I don't question the value on Medicaid enrollment. Thats worth calling out as I was thinking regular ACA enrollment. A lot of people got enrolled on Medicaid not because of expansion but b/c they went to the market place / assister and found out that. I will argue that this cut will have virtually no impact on ACA enrollment. And I kind alaugh that any new entrants will finally come into the market in year 5 unless they are sick. Appreciate the discussion.

Why don't Republicans include the Republicans who voted against the old effort to repeal ACA in new efforts to repeal ACA?

"I present to you the same ideas we've already voted on, but now with Bernie Sanders-related fear-mongering!"

Bill Cassidy is all over the place. "The states can spend it on those that are a little bit richer, or a little bit.... less rich."

Back