• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

It will take health insurance from millions of Americans and bankrupt others trying to buy coverage.

So it's wealth redistribution.

I don't trust Rand Paul not to eventually vote for this, but this is pretty brutal:

I watched an interview where a Republican Governor used the "keep your doctor" claim and got destroyed. They know they can't balance their state budgets without federal $$$$ now.

Block grants are such bullshit and such a go to Republican idea, "states rights" and such. Just write poor red states blank checks to do whatever they want to balance their shitty budgets while not using the grant money for anything remotely related to healthcare or helping people. Then after massive failure the federal government steps in and spends even more money cleaning up the mess while rubes from the state applaud the shitty local government.

Block grants are such bullshit and such a go to Republican idea, "states rights" and such. Just write poor red states blank checks to do whatever they want to balance their shitty budgets while not using the grant money for anything remotely related to healthcare or helping people. Then after massive failure the federal government steps in and spends even more money cleaning up the mess while rubes from the state applaud the shitty local government.

1. Claim government doesn't work.
2. Undermine government.
3. Government doesn't work.
4. Profit

Based on what I see in the market. Most states are turning to managed Medicaid companies to save them $. Same applies to Medicare Advantage. I'm not sure I could tell you the exactly the underlying reasons but clearly these entities have built out effective capabilities that the feds & states lack, specifically in the care management delivery areas.
Because those companies are profit driven and sell the fact that they will manage the states risks. Simple math does not allow this but who ever heard of government employees using simple math. Example, the medicaid overhead rate is about 6%, when you have managed care overhead added in it runs 11-14%, you are already at a loss of 5-8%. Where does that additional 5-8% come from you may ask. Well it comes from monies that used to cover patient care. Seems simple to me, you have less for care so you have to deny care, cut reimbursement, or get more money from the state next budget.

It's like the Republicans were upset they haven't been in the news in awhile for being awful and realized, you know what everyone hates, our healthcare ideas.

You don't need the CBO score to show it's probably the worst plan of all of them, just use repeal with no replace and that's the outcome of this plan in the end. Return to the shitty system that once was.

Back