• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

I am still baffled by his response that he would rather Republicans pass a bill that almost everybody has said it much worse than the ACA than keep the ACA in force.

ACA is a shitastic bill (false) that the majority of Americans support.

I am still baffled by his response that he would rather Republicans pass a bill that almost everybody has said it much worse than the ACA than keep the ACA in force.

Not sure what's baffling about it. That's how politics work in this country.

3 GOP Senators Oppose Graham-Cassidy, Effectively Blocking Health Care Bill

DKmjRAzWsAAScpn

Is that real or satire?

I mean between the estate tax and the healthcare reform, it seems as if the entire reason the republican party exists is to do what the billionaires want in exchange for getting put on some board for millions per year in profit by the time they're done. Where the dems went wrong is spending 16 years pushing Hillary who did the same damn shit.

So there's very little difference between the two parties, one just happened to choose the religious nutjobs to sucker into it and the dems choose the minorities. Dems will eventually win because their side can't afford condoms, but both sides are equally disappointing.

The BKF's and jhmd's know the Trump presidency is just the dead cat bounce of the party, so they're trolling because it's the last hurrah, and because it's entertaining. The republican party is still the dead cat. If any of their legislative platform made sense, we'd have something by now.

They may by 2018 get enough of a majority to push through every terrible bill they want, but that'll get overturned shortly thereafter and then the party is dead.

Last edited:
Trump's a crafty and vindictive ignoramus. And a racist and classist narcissist to boot. Always has been.

Of course they aren't approving reinsurance plans. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy for failure.

Of course they aren't approving reinsurance plans. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy for failure.

They are going to completely sabotage Obamacare in order to make Americans believe that the system is failing them, trying to force it to become so unpopular that when they rip health care away from millions of Americans, it won't look so bad. It's the most cynical fucking thing I've ever seen, yet I'm not surprised in the least.

It's par for the course for the GOP: lie to Americans, make them believe that Dems/liberal policies are hurting them, then actually hurt them with GOP/conservative polices and say "Well at least it's not XXX anymore."

The average cost to families is just over $150 per child per year, according the Access Commission estimates. If not for CHIP, those families would have faced bills of more than $850 per year per child in employer-sponsored insurance, the report said.

Is it that unreasonable to expect someone to take a $70 pre-tax monthly deduction from income to pay for their kids healthcare?

Is it that unreasonable to expect someone to take a $70 pre-tax monthly deduction from income to pay for their kids healthcare?

For many, that $70 can buy food, keep the lights on, or buy expensive health care. So yeah, I'd say it's unreasonable for those people.

Back