• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Atlantic v Coastal

thatguy2016

Reaction score
The imbalance between the divisions is obvious. So far this year, the Atlantic is 4-1 against the Coastal, with BC falling to not quite as horrid VT. Here's how the Sagarin Predictor ratings view the remaining 9 Atlantic v Coastal games:

27-Oct​
Virginia Tech@NC State
-19​
29-Oct​
Georgia Tech@Florida State
-16​
4-Nov​
Duke
-9​
@Boston College
5-Nov​
Syracuse
-2​
@Pitt
5-Nov​
Florida State
-6​
@Miami
12-Nov​
North Carolina@Wake Forest
-7.5​
19-Nov​
Miami@Clemson
-18​
25-Nov​
NC State
-3.5​
@North Carolina
26-Nov​
Wake Forest
-5.5​
@Duke

So, Sagarin has Duke posting win #2 for the Coastal, and the Atlantic going 12-2 on the year. By the way, if you use composite ratings instead of Predictor, UNC becomes a slight favorite over NC State (probably a better indicator with Leary out) and Cuse-Pitt moves to a pick'em.

I guarantee you that if UNC, or Miami, or VT were in the Atlantic with our record this year, the ACC would find some reason to do away with the division format and have the 2 teams with the best records playing for the championship.
If the two other teams in the Atlantic who have been consistently good outside of Clemson weren’t us and State, who no one cares about either, the divisions would have been eliminated eons ago.

I guarantee you that if UNC, or Miami, or VT were in the Atlantic with our record this year, the ACC would find some reason to do away with the division format and have the 2 teams with the best records playing for the championship.
Emergency voting session of the governing board.

"In a special session late last night, after some brief discussion, the ACC Board of Regents, supported by Commissioner James Philips voted, by a score of 12-1 to eliminate divisions immediately. The only dissenting vote coming from 29-year-old Clemson University AD, Graham Neff. Neff replied: 'I live in South Carolina. We don't do change. And I've got 3 small kids at home, I don't have time for this work sh#%$!*'

Also, apparently, Miami AD, Dan Radakovich forgot to attend and instead, when responding via text message said 'we don't really consider ourselves part of the ACC, we are getting so much unwarranted PR from ESPN...and crazy booster NIL money, we don't really care what league we are in. I've got to run, we are shooting a Heisman video for Tyler Van Dyke today. " Notre Dame was not invited.

Emergency voting session of the governing board.

"In a special session late last night, after some brief discussion, the ACC Board of Regents, supported by Commissioner James Philips voted, by a score of 12-1 to eliminate divisions immediately. The only dissenting vote coming from 29-year-old Clemson University AD, Graham Neff. Neff replied: 'I live in South Carolina. We don't do change. And I've got 3 small kids at home, I don't have time for this work sh#%$!*'

Also, apparently, Miami AD, Dan Radakovich forgot to attend and instead, when responding via text message said 'we don't really consider ourselves part of the ACC, we are getting so much unwarranted PR from ESPN...and crazy booster NIL money, we don't really care what league we are in. I've got to run, we are shooting a Heisman video for Tyler Van Dyke today. " Notre Dame was not invited.
This got me unnecessarily excited for the first half.

But no way UNC would vote for this with the inside track to the ACCCG

Back