• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Attendance Issues

Wake was still second in the nation last year for private schools IIRC, only behind Notre Dame for percentage.

31,500 is way out of date.

Either we gained 500 seats net or lost 500 seats net after Deacon Tower was built. Never been able to accurately determine which. It sure didn't stay the same.

Wish we just listed BB&T as 'capacity'. We know we can stuff +/- 4,000 on the Hill. Presumedly, the 36,350-somethin' that saw the Notre Dame game is our new 'capacity' benchmark.

Amazing attendance factoid of the year: attendance at Duke this year is down 14.5% from last year (per the N&O in Raleigh). They don't even care when they're winning.

They were winning last year, too. Started off 6-2. They still play State and Miami. Attendance will pick up for those games. Their home slate so far as been unimpressive. Central, Tech, Pitt, Troy, and Navy.

The beautiful people who live in South Beach as well as the bandwagon Miami fans will not turn out for a noon game against LOWF. If it's a late afternoon or night game against a decent opponent, they will show up. These folks haven't even gotten home from the club until a few hours before a noon kickoff.

funny that a few years back Wake was #1 in the country in attendance percentage ahead of Ohio State. We averaged like 105% attendance those years cause our stadium's "reported" capacity was 31,500 and we were averaging like 33,500.

Wow, that seems preposterous! Someone has doctored the figures...just like they do in pro sports (actual vs sold). What year was that, by the way? I assume much of that was due to the home schedule when the Hokies, Carolina and State all came to Wake the same season... and maybe ND or Nebraska too? No way do the "locals" make that happen...

Wow, that seems preposterous! Someone has doctored the figures...just like they do in pro sports (actual vs sold). What year was that, by the way? I assume much of that was due to the home schedule when the Hokies, Carolina and State all came to Wake the same season... and maybe ND or Nebraska too? No way do the "locals" make that happen...

ill try to find the article. i remember bragging to all my state/duke/unc friends about how wake was number one in something hahaha.

they would have to tear down million dollar houses to build a stadium anywhere near their campus...

Pretty much. Good call.

they would have to tear down million dollar houses to build a stadium anywhere near their campus...

At the very least it could easily be much closer..that was the case for the first 80 years of University of Miami football.

I don't know the politics / economics of it all, but it seems like a damn shame that the Orange Bowl was torn down for a baseball park.

Back