• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC basketball moving to 20-game schedule in 2019

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
I think this had been discussed, but not confirmed.
https://247sports.com/college/wake-...ing-to-20-game-conference-schedule-123737177/

Television, Swofford admitted, had a major impact on the ACC’s decision to add more league games to the schedule.
“It had an impact,” Swofford said. “I think there are a lot of reasons to do a 20-game schedule even without television. Television adds another reason to do so. Probably makes it a little tougher on the coaches. But I suspect most of you welcome that. I think fans welcome that.
“So I think it will be popular. Having our own channel is a factor in that because we need quality inventory and there's nothing of any higher quality, generally speaking, than two ACC basketball teams playing each other.

Surprised as I know K was against this.

With 15 teams, this means playing 6 teams twice and 8 teams once.

"Surprised as I know K was against this."

If this jackass was opposed to it, then it must be a good thing thing for everyone else.

If the conference expands, it makes sense for the teams to play each other. More conference teams means more conference games.

Any conference that is too big for a H&H basketball schedule is still too big for me.

Gonna be pretty sweet to be the first team in college basketball history to go 0-20 in conference next year.

1 more chance each year to get an in conference road win. With the extra game, I predict we get one every other year.

The worse news for bottom-dwelling teams such as Wake is that teams will now open the season with a conference opponent. I doubt that you will ever see Duke and Carolina playing each other that early. Nothing like being 0-2 in conference on January 1.

Back