• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC basketball tournament tickets... Hot item or can't give em away?

Neurodeac

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Brooklyn during the ACC tournament and debating whether to get tickets ahead of time or wait and scalp them just before the games. Anybody have any insight?

I would just scalp the games you want to see. Attendance should be good for the semis and finals, but the games before that should be pretty open seating if I had to guess.

The allotments per school are lower than ever this year (Brooklyn will only be seating around 17,000 or so for the event), but they did not allow schools to request more or less tickets than their equal allotment (like they have in Greensboro in years past). Might want to check with a Boston College or Miami to see if they are still trying to sell books, depending on how many games you want to attend. If you are interested in just the Wake games, then the Tuesday/Wednesday games should be easy to get, Thursday could start getting tough.

The nostalgia of it being in New York for the first time is certainly helping drive demand, plus the fact that the ACC is universally regarded as one of the strongest conferences ever this season.

Wouldn't be surprised if the quarters through the finals are packed. First two days won't be too crowded.

Can't tell, I think it will be about like DC last year. It was not hard to find scalpers and your ticket did not hold much value to them for what it is worth.

Last year in DC I bought semi final tickets (ND vs UNC and UVA vs. Miami) for $60 on craigslist an hour before the game. The final tickets were pretty hard / expensive for UNC vs UVA tho.

Also, the QF night session was a semi-hard ticket. All the other tickets (QF afternoon, all rounds prior) were extremely cheap to get in.

It depends on who is playing. If Duke or UNC is playing tix could be expensive. If it's F$U, the tix could be face value or slightly above.

ACC Tourney in Brooklyn???

Blasphemy!
What's the world coming to?

Lower level seats for the finals last year were easy to get rid of at $300 a piece. Saw people selling for $500 before the game and people were snagging those.

I'll probably hit up our first game, as long as it's not like BC we're playing.

If Duke, UNC, and/or Cuse (because NY) get knocked out early, tix should be even easier to get.

The ACC is a NC conference anyways so deal with it! Make the ACC great again!!!

If the season ended as KP projects, Wake would get BC in the Tuesday game then Syracuse if they won that.

As an alumni of a non NC school, fuck Greensboro. It's only good for the NC schools, for the rest of us it's a shitty place to visit and a crap ass arena for the best conference in America.

Charlotte? Fine. Greensboro? Fuck you.

So much anger.

Back