• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC / BIG (?) Challenge - Minnesota @ Wake

Why does a new team (MD) get the ACC's regular and Tournament champion?

I really wish the ACC would back out of this challenge. I'm thrilled that Louisville is joining the ACC, but I'm also disappointed that Maryland is leaving. I really don't want to see any ACC school playing Maryland anytime soon, but the ACC/Big Ten challenge makes that impossible.

I really wish the ACC would back out of this challenge. I'm thrilled that Louisville is joining the ACC, but I'm also disappointed that Maryland is leaving. I really don't want to see any ACC school playing Maryland anytime soon, but the ACC/Big Ten challenge makes that impossible.

Maryland should play Louisville. A sort of out with the old, in with the new game.

Maryland should play Louisville. A sort of out with the old, in with the new game.

Agreed. Too much bad blood to play each other right away.

Some interesting matchups including:

UVA at MD
Duke at Wisconsin
Ohio State at Louisville

Also, Michigan State is @ ND. Are the Irish supposed to good next year? Realize that MSU loses a lot, but ND may have been the worst team in the ACC at the end of last season.

But originally ND was supposed to be good before losing their best player. At least a good name matchup for TV. And they did beat Duke at home...oh yea, we also beat Duke at home with Bz coaching, so no biggie.

Seth Allen announced today he was transferring from Maryland, one of several they've lost this fall.

Guess the reality of playing games in Iowa City is hitting home

Seth Allen announced today he was transferring from Maryland, one of several they've lost this fall.

As opposed to South Bend?

Maryland should get their T-Cells up.

It'll be ugly. I still don't know how we beat them at home this year

That has nothing to do with it. :(

Big 10 and the Big East are starting a Challenge series.

The Big Ten and the Big East on Monday will announce a new partnership, the Gavitt Tipoff Games, an annual series of eight games between the two conferences that will run through 2020. Two games will be played on the first Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the regular season, played at school home sites -- four at a Big East school, four at a Big Ten school. Each Big East team will play a minimum of six times during the length of the eight-year deal, and each Big Ten program will participate at least four times.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10882667/big-east-big-ten-hold-challenge-series

Back