• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC College Football Over/Unders

Bowl games mean jack.

Maybe, we'll revisit in August. I agree Clemson is the surface value, first-thought bet (part of why it's -170), but there's a reason their O/U got hung at 8.5 instead of something like 9.5

I have em winning the ACC. I think their new O coordinators will be fine, as they learned from the CHAD. and I also think Watson is the real deal.

Bowl games mean jack.

Maybe, we'll revisit in August. I agree Clemson is the surface value, first-thought bet (part of why it's -170), but there's a reason their O/U got hung at 8.5 instead of something like 9.5

lol, if you say so

We also say some variation of this every single year. It is one of the traditional harbingers of summer.

Yep, so true. It seems every year it sets up that we have to get out of the gate quick to have any chance at a decent season. In 2006, we did and kept it going for once.

[not so humble brag]I've been right on the money in my # of football wins predictions the last 2 years.[/not so humble brag]

I'm going with 3 again. Losing KJ and Bud is gonna hurt big time.

i think it'll take another year to really show progress. 3 wins.

The only thing worse than playing in the ugliest game of the year, is losing the ugliest game of the year. It only took us 31 years to beat those guys. Urban Meyer must have gone nuts thinking "Why couldn't they've be that bad when they played us?"

Best 6-3 pillow fight I've ever seen.

I don't know why us sucking has anything to do with how easy Duke's schedule repeatedly is.

Duke's schedule is what it is. I can't figure out why people on here are so preoccupied with what Duke does now? We need to be figuring what we will be doing in football. We had the same basic kind of schedule they had last year that we have every year, just like they do--very easy non-conference except when we throw in the Notre Dame games. Last year we had
UL-M, a non-bowl team. Gardner-Webb a bad 1-AA team, Utah State a decent MWC team who played 4 QB's last year and Army. Duke played a bad Elon team [who we play this year, a Troy, same conference as UL-M, Kansas, a Big 5 team & Tulane. The overall Sagarin averages were about 126 for us to 134 for Duke so Utah St help a little.

Duke is on the same run we were on in 2006-2008. Get over it. They have a great coach & are getting players now. We have a great coach and are rebuilding from where we were. The team you might want to go under 4.5 on is UVa. Look at their schedule and they have lost their star TE and 2 QB's.

Have you seen the 'SEC Storied' on Sylvester Croom? Very good. Although it didn't end well for him at Mississippi State, I think he laid the foundation for where they are today - a respectable contender in college football's toughest conference division. And, just like Clawson and staff are facing now, Croom faced a program in dire need of revitalization. His first two teams were both 3-9; he eventually led them to two wins over Alabama and a bowl victory in his fourth year. He had a bunch of players leave the program and he had to make some tough decisions concerning others. He had a quote to the seniors on those first two teams that struck a chord in me and should strike a chord in all Wake Forest fans. He said something like this, "Give us your all, your very best. You won't be around to see the fruits of your labor; but, I'll make sure they never forget you." So, it really doesn't matter who Duke plays (Although they are playing a much easier schedule than ours). We need to focus on our team, our seniors, our coaches, and their progress. I think they'll make us proud. So, thanks to you Bud Noel, Kevin Johnson, Hunter Williams, Alex Kinal, Tylor Harris and others...thanks for your hard work, we'll never forget you.

This is why i think it's inevitable that Wake will soon schedule games with Charlotte. You're convinced you can beat us. We'd be willing to to a 2 for 1 deal with you.

By the way, it will probably be the only three games you play against us unless you ever make a bowl game again and get another shot at us because we're going to beat you by two touchdowns in all three games. 3-0!

GET BIG AND HAIRY DEACS!

So, it really doesn't matter who Duke plays (Although they are playing a much easier scSo, thanks to you Bud Noel, Kevin Johnson, Hunter Williams, Alex Kinal, Tylor Harris and others...thanks for your hard work, we'll never forget you.

Did Kinal leave the program?

No, Kinal is a senior this year (as is Tylor Harris and Hunter Williams).

No CHAD they'll be lucky to win 5.

But seriously I like the under with them. Lots of tricky road games and GT, ND and FSU at home

Chad was vilified last year. He took the lion's share of the blame for the losses against Georgia, FSU, and GT. The worst part is, he absolutely deserved the criticism. He will be forever loved by Clemson fans for what he brought to Clemson, but almost everyone was ready for a change. His eye for talent will be missed, but that's about it....

You guys will miss him quickly this fall, IMO

09/03/15 vs. Elon TV Winston-Salem, N.C. 7:00 p.m. ET
09/12/15 at Syracuse * TV Syracuse, N.Y. 12:30 p.m. ET
09/19/15 at Army West Point TV West Point, N.Y. 12:00 p.m. ET
09/26/15 vs. Indiana Winston-Salem, N.C. TBA
10/03/15 vs. Florida State * Winston-Salem, N.C. TBA
10/10/15 at Boston College * Chestnut Hill, Mass. TBA
10/17/15 at North Carolina * Chapel Hill, N.C. TBA
10/24/15 vs. NC State * Winston-Salem, N.C. TBA
10/30/15 vs. Louisville * Winston-Salem, N.C. TBA
11/14/15 at Notre Dame TV Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET
11/21/15 at Clemson * Clemson, S.C. TBA
11/28/15 vs. Duke * Winston-Salem, N.C. TBA

3-9 (1-7)

'cuse is a big swing game. They lost half their starters last year from a team that was already lousy, including 8 on D. Hopefully we feel like we owe them one after our no show against them last year

If Al Golden only wins 5-6 games at Miami this season then he's definitely gone.

Chad was vilified last year. He took the lion's share of the blame for the losses against Georgia, FSU, and GT. The worst part is, he absolutely deserved the criticism. He will be forever loved by Clemson fans for what he brought to Clemson, but almost everyone was ready for a change. His eye for talent will be missed, but that's about it....

now that i am in clemson postgrad central (charleston), i've heard this sentiment a lot and i think it's kinda dumb.

still taking the over doe.

my CFP teams going into the summer are:

1. OSU
2. TCU
3. Auburn
4. Clemson

I'm with you on 3 out of 4. I'm going ND as my 4th since their sched is cake.

Lot could hinge on Oct. 3 ND @ Clemson

Back