• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC releases 2013-14 league schedule

We will probably only beat Brevard if we dictate what type of defense they can play, so I will leave it as a win for us at this time. Also the Jacksonville loss can be replaced by any number of shitty teams we start the year with but there will be at least one.

I thought it was an exhibition game as well. But the schedule on the Wake website does not indicate that Brevard is an exhibition game...

Exhibition if we lose. Counts if we win.

We have one non-ACC road game. That should really help Bz improve his ACC road record. Pathetic.

Exhibition if we lose. Counts if we win.

We have one non-ACC road game. That should really help Bz improve his ACC road record. Pathetic.

I would assume that part of the reason for that is the neutral site tournament actually has some good teams in it (not true of the previous two years).

But, yeah, outside of that tournament, our OOC schedule is a complete dog. And is really quite embarrassing since, assuming we quickly found our way to the loser's bracket of the Atlantis, we will likely only play one sure-thing tournament team (and then another borderline one in Xavier). Wouldn't be so bad except the other teams on the schedule are garbage.

5-13 in conference. At best. Jesus.

I would assume that part of the reason for that is the neutral site tournament actually has some good teams in it (not true of the previous two years).

But, yeah, outside of that tournament, our OOC schedule is a complete dog. And is really quite embarrassing since, assuming we quickly found our way to the loser's bracket of the Atlantis, we will likely only play one sure-thing tournament team (and then another borderline one in Xavier). Wouldn't be so bad except the other teams on the schedule are garbage.

Agree the tournament will be a good test after the Kansas throttling. People used to cuss Duke for loading up on home games and friendly "neutral" courts like the Meadowlands, the Spectrum and United Center. The only thing close to a hostile environment pre-ACC is at Xavier when the students aren't at school.

Strange that we get 2 3-game "homestands" while we never have to go on the road for more than 2 in a row. I think the ACC is in on the plan to get Bz 14 wins so he can come back for a 5th season.

We will see what the asterisk means. I can't remember a schedule released with TBA for TV. I think it's likely those games will be on ESPN3 at 7.

Initial thought: 16-15 (8-10), 1-1, combined 17-16

Obviously that isn't with any super detailed thought. I would also characterize 8-10 as fairly optimistic, but again this just based on an initial scan.

Football, right? No way we win 16 in basketball.

Football, right? No way we win 16 in basketball.

Haha...8-10 is a little aggressive, but that's balanced by being pretty conservative out of conference...I figure 0-3 in the Atlantis, 0-1 away, and 8-1 at home. In conference, I am penciling in vs. NCSU, vs Georgia Tech, vs Florida State, vs Clemson, vs Boston College, at Clemson, at Virginia Tech, and at Miami. That's pretty much every game we should win, but I am sure we will drop at least a couple of them. I mean 3 ACC road wins is pretty damn unlikely give [Redacted]'s track record away from home.

There wasn't room to fit him in with the star player, the white player, and the player with the prominent cross tatoo. Wellman knows his audience.

QFT.

Back