• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC releases television schedule for 2013-2014 basketball season.

Chris

Reaction score
Actual Schedule - http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs/m-baskbl/2013-14_m-baskbl_schedule.pdf

Article - http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detai...3-14-Mens-Basketball-Schedule_09-26-13_2cd4ru

The 2013-14 ACC men’s basketball schedule highlighted by an all-time high 402 television appearances
ACC teams to make record 252 national television appearances

GREENSBORO, N.C. – All-time highs in national television appearances and games televised, as well as a record-setting number of overall TV appearances, highlight the 2013-14 Atlantic Coast Conference basketball schedule released today by Commissioner John Swofford.

The league’s 15 member schools are scheduled to make an ACC-record 252 national television appearances, breaking the record of 201 set last year. League schools will also make 402 overall TV appearances, eclipsing the previous record of 327 set a year ago.

In addition, ACC teams will take part in 253 televised games, topping the 200-game mark set in 2010-11.

All 135 regular season ACC games and each of the 14 ACC Tournament games are slated to be televised on an ESPN network, the ACC Network, CBS Sports, or on one of the league’s 10 regional cable networks.

Each of the ACC controlled regular-season games, with the exception of the six CBS telecasts, will be available through WatchESPN. WatchESPN is accessible online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app, through ESPN on Xbox LIVE to Gold members and on Apple TV to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.

The 2013-14 season marks the inaugural ACC campaign for Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Syracuse. The ACC’s new membership further enhances a league that has historically been college basketball’s strongest.

The 15 schools that will comprise the ACC in 2013-14 have made 51 trips to the Final Four and have captured 13 NCAA National Championships. Current league members have won 22,151 games, including 532 in NCAA Tournament play and have had 681 NBA draft picks, including 221 first-round selections.

Additionally, three of the top five, four of the top 10 and five of the top 25 winningest programs in NCAA Division I basketball history currently reside in the ACC.

Three of the five active Division I coaches that have been selected for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame - Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski, North Carolina’s Roy Williams and Syracuse’s Jim Boeheim - are in the ACC. When Louisville’s Rick Pitino joins the league’s coaching ranks in 2014-15, the ACC will have four of the five active Naismith Hall of Fame coaches.

Last edited:
ESPN3 - The home of WF basketball. :drool:

or NC State next weekend or MD the weekend after that. WF won't have another football game on ESPN 3 this year, and only had one this year (Presby).

Pathetic how irrelevant WF basketball has become.

I consolidated WF's TV schedule. It's... it's not great.

Code:
11/08	7:00	Colgate at Wake Forest		ESPN3
11/12	7:00	VMI at Wake Forest		ESPN3
11/15	7:00	Presbyterian at Wake Forest	ESPN3
11/18	7:00	Jacksonville at Wake Forest	ESPN3
11/21	7:00	The Citadel at Wake Forest	ESPN3
11/28	3:30	Wake Forest vs Kansas*		AXs
11/29	TBA	Wake Forest vs TBA*		AXs / NBCSN
11/30	TBA	Wake Forest vs TBA*		AXs / NBCSN
12/07	2:00	Richmond at Wake Forest		ESPN3
12/17	7:00	St. Bonaventure at Wake Forest	ESPN3
12/21	2:00	UNC Greensboro at Wake Forest	ESPN3
12/28	5:30	Wake Forest at Xavier		FS1
01/05	8:00	North Carolina at Wake Forest	ESPNU
01/08	7:00	Wake Forest at Virginia		RSN
01/11	12:00	Wake Forest at Pittsburgh	ACCN
01/15	9:00	NC State at Wake Forest		ACCN
01/18	4:00	Wake Forest at Clemson		ACCN
01/22	7:00	Wake Forest at Virginia Tech	RSN
01/25	3:00	Notre Dame at Wake Forest	ACCN
01/29	9:00	Syracuse at Wake Forest		RSN
02/01	12:00	Georgia Tech at Wake Forest	RSN
02/04	9:00	Wake Forest at Duke		ESPNU
02/11	7:00	Wake Forest at NC State		ESPNU
02/15	8:00	Florida State at Wake Forest	RSN
02/18	7:00	Wake Forest at Maryland		RSN
02/22	12:00	Wake Forest at North Carolina	ACCN
02/25	7:00	Clemson at Wake Forest		RSN
03/01	4:00	Boston College at Wake Forest	RSN
03/05	7:00	Duke at Wake Forest		ESPN2
03/08	2:00	Wake Forest at Miami		RSN

RSN denotes "regional sports network".

I didn't realize it, but we don't play a true road game until Xavier (12 games into the season). We do get on "national" TV five times (@Xavier, UNC, @Duke, @NCSU, Duke), not including the Battle 4 Atlantis, which is apparently airing on something called AXs. So there's that.

Last edited:
Need to reiterate, again, how fucking pathetic our OOC schedule looks...

Not counting the ACC tournament, when was the last time ESPN (not ESPN 2 or ESPN U) televised a WF basketball game? Would guess that every other ACC team has had at least one, and most have had double digit games, on the flagship ESPN channel since WF last ESPN telecast.

Not counting the ACC tournament, when was the last time ESPN (not ESPN 2 or ESPN U) televised a WF basketball game? Would guess that every other ACC team has had at least one, and most have had double digit games, on the flagship ESPN channel since WF last ESPN telecast.

January 28, 2009?

Not really disputing this, but isn't perhaps part of the problem that this year we have 17 conference games as opposed to 16. Thus, we lost an OOC game that has been replaced by Syracuse, Pitt or Notre Dame. If this were last year and we had, say, Syracuse on the schedule as an OOC game, it wouldn't look quite so pathetic as we'd have both Kansas and Syracuse in the mix. I'd be curious to see if other teams are watering down the OOC schedule due to the expanded conference schedule. By the way, I thought we were going to play 18 conference games. I only count 17 in that schedule that RSF posted. Are they going to 18 next year?

January 19, 2012 at Duke.

To be fair though ESPN (not counting ESPN2) probably hasn't aired a lot of team's games in basketball, even for programs that are pretty solid.

WF and all other ACC teams play 18 ACC games.

It's Ron's way of being able to claim continued improvement by Bzzz when we feast on a terrible OOC schedule and win a few more games than we did last year.

Are they counting ESPN3 games as "televised?" I don't think that counts. Broadcast, yes, TV, no.

Not really disputing this, but isn't perhaps part of the problem that this year we have 17 conference games as opposed to 16. Thus, we lost an OOC game that has been replaced by Syracuse, Pitt or Notre Dame. If this were last year and we had, say, Syracuse on the schedule as an OOC game, it wouldn't look quite so pathetic as we'd have both Kansas and Syracuse in the mix. I'd be curious to see if other teams are watering down the OOC schedule due to the expanded conference schedule. By the way, I thought we were going to play 18 conference games. I only count 17 in that schedule that RSF posted. Are they going to 18 next year?
I believe Georgia Tech at Wake Forest RSN noon on Feb 1 is missing.

My b. Fixed.

It's Ron's way of being able to claim continued improvement by Bzzz when we feast on a terrible OOC schedule and win a few more games than we did last year.

When you consider the strength of the Atlantis and the improvement of Xavier and Richmond, this schedule is likely at least as strong as last year's.

The home schedule is just beyond awful though.

Back