• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Top 25 LBs....No Aaron Curry

I figured he would be top 5, top 10 at worst.

aaron was told about his omission from the list prior to this punt return:

What a weak fair catch, you gotta call that after the point when he did so that doesn't happen.

That's my favorite Aaron Curry play I think. The other one up there is the hit on Navy's QB which gave him a concussion and before the next year's game the guy goes "I remember not to let #59 hit me" when asked if he remembered anything about Wake from the previous year.

What a weak fair catch, you gotta call that after the point when he did so that doesn't happen.

That's my favorite Aaron Curry play I think. The other one up there is the hit on Navy's QB which gave him a concussion and before the next year's game the guy goes "I remember not to let #59 hit me" when asked if he remembered anything about Wake from the previous year.

My favorite play was Curry as a RS FR when he ham-boned Jay Cutler and knocked the Vandy Star to the dirt (guy had a mouthfull of turf and his chin strap was all up around his eyes and he looked back with a "WTF was that" look in his eyes)

Jay played 4 Seasons of SEC Football. The only player to ever knock him out of a game was Aaron Curry.

Saw that yesterday and was pretty surprised, but Tudor's rankings have included some definitely head-scratchers. This is probably the worst, however.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/07/24/1365793/lt-tops-linebackers-list.html

So Butkus award winner and a top 5 NFL draft pick is not good enough to beat out Bill Cowher, who wasn't even drafted out of college.

Ridiculous.

Cowher was way before my time, but Manny Lawson has no business on that list. He played LB his first two years and was moved to DE. He was an average LB at best. Curry should certainly be on that list. Levar Fisher should be as well. He was not the most talented, but he was as good of a college linebacker as anyone on that list. I would take Nate Irving over the majority of that list also- complete game changer.

Is this list by that same guy who always does a really shitty job voting in the AP poll?

No Curry but Beason and Manny Lawson?!? WTF is with that? Beason?? Nevermind the unremarkable career of Cowher- how the hell did either Beason or Lawson make the list over Curry?

Pretty lame attempt to write a positive article about UNC football. Can't write about the present or future, so the past it is!!

Back