• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament Tix...you need to know

Mbadvisor

Reaction score
the general admission tickets for Wednesday are "no re-entry." this means that you will not be able to leave the coliseum after the first 2 games. So, if someone offers you tickets in the parking lot after the games, don't buy them. Also, it looks like you are stuck in the coliseum for the whole day.

People will be giving out tickets all day like candy on Wednesday. If you hate yourself enough to attend this event I'd suggest grabbing 8 tickets per person you have attending so you can go outside for some fresh air on random TV timeouts and re-enter.

Tickets for the Wednesday’s action of the annual tournament will be sold separately from the tournament book. Each ticket is $35 and includes admission to all three of the Tournament’s first-day games. Tip-off times are scheduled for 1 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Seating is general admission.
In addition to a great tripleheader of basketball, ticketholders will also be treated to a performance by country music sensation Scotty McCreery. The concert will take place inside the Greensboro Coliseum after the conclusion of the second game of the day (approximately 6 p.m.).

Like anyone is going to leave during the Scotty McCreery concert!

Amazed that seating is general admission.

Even the ACC tourney folks know that nobody GAF about the Wednesday games.

eta: Much less a bubble gum country singer "It's a Bojangles Town...."

So when are we likely to play?

1. If we beat Miami, we will finish 10th and play VT at 3:30.

2. If we lose to Miami, we could finish 11th, if GT loses to VT, and play BC at 7:00 OR

3. If we lose to Miami, we could finish 12th, if GT beats VT, and play ND at 1:00.

I'm certain the first 2 scenarios are right, and I'm pretty sure about number 3. (GT, ND, and WF would each finish 6-12 and GT would get 11th due to a 2-1 record against WF (1-1) and ND (1-2), if I understand the 3 team tiebreaker correctly - head to head against each other). If so, I do predict that scenario 3 will happen - Miami beats us and GT beats VT in Atlanta Saturday.

Last edited:
Even the ACC tourney folks know that nobody GAF about the Wednesday games.

eta: Much less a bubble gum country singer "It's a Bojangles Town...."

It was hard enough to sell Thursday games.

Tickets for the Wednesday’s action of the annual tournament will be sold separately from the tournament book. Each ticket is $35 and includes admission to all three of the Tournament’s first-day games. Tip-off times are scheduled for 1 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Seating is general admission.
In addition to a great tripleheader of basketball, ticketholders will also be treated to a performance by country music sensation Scotty McCreery. The concert will take place inside the Greensboro Coliseum after the conclusion of the second game of the day (approximately 6 p.m.).

Like anyone is going to leave during the Scotty McCreery concert!

Amazed that seating is general admission.

My Wednesday tickets show a section number, row and seat numbers. There is no mention of general admission. They do say no re-entry.

I have a chance to get Thursday night session at face. Think it's worth it?

I have a chance to get Thursday night session at face. Think it's worth it?

Maybe if you don't mind spending a little extra cash to arrive with tickets in hand. Some people would rather do it that way. I can see the appeal.
The biggest draw that might play a Thurs night is State. Tix are going to be dirt cheap.

Last edited:
Saturday is typically the toughest ticket, and if it's UNC, Duke, Cuse, and UVA, that'll be tough.

I expect Saturday will be a $150-$200 get in. The rest of the tournament should be a trash ticket.

We have had to handle a lot of open container tix in the GSO Coliseum lot recently. For some reason our cops have declared war on that place. So if you are boozing it up out there, keep it hidden.

Well I paid face for Thursday night. Just want to take the stepson. Anyone know who the heck is going to be playing?

My Wednesday tickets show a section number, row and seat numbers. There is no mention of general admission. They do say no re-entry.

ticket office called me today to exchange mine for reserve seating in first level

th

Back