• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACCCG in Charlotte Through 2013

& IMO; a night game in Charlotte is infinitely better than a noon game in Jacksonville for a couple of reasons.

JAX made no sense (for any member of the league) unless you have the Florida teams dominating the conference... in which case, you've successfully sold the conference's soul to a state that has nearly nothing to do with the tradition & history that makes the ACC special.

Recall expension was done with the hope/understanding that the Fla schools would dominate, which is why the game was played there.

Yeah the Georgia Dome sucked for the ACCT. They should of just played it at Phillips or whatever its called.

It's at Philips this year. I will be very curious to see how they divide up the seats - club seats and boxes take up one whole side of the arena.

http://www.seats3d.com/nba/atlanta_hawks/

0708_full_chart.jpg

Last edited:
ACC championship game in Florida, specifically in Tampa, is one of the worst decisions by an athletic conference ever. Just Horrible horrible decision. Thankfully, they have come to their senses.

72,000+ tonight. Good thing this game was in Florida in front of friends and family for five years. Anyone with half a brain knew charlotte made the most sense from the get-go.

72,000+ tonight. Good thing this game was in Florida in front of friends and family for five years. Anyone with half a brain knew charlotte made the most sense from the get-go.

I agree that CLT makes the most sense, but I doubt a Miami/BC matchup would sell out in CLT (or anywhere for that matter, including the OB). Great atmosphere last night. Clemson and Va Tech are pretty much the dream matchup in terms of fan support and proximity of the schools to the stadium.

Back