• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aced the 3rd at Forsyth CC Today

chillslilley

Reaction score
The greens did get punched this week but hit my first ever hole-in-one today. First time I've played the course, though I've played Donald Ross courses in Pinehurst a number of times. We were playing the whites, and the hole was playing about 170. Hit a 5 hybrid and we all watched in disbelief as it disappeared.

Who else on here has hole-in-one stories? Let's hear 'em!

Congrats. I've hit the pin or lip a few times over the years, but never had one drop in.

Thanks Racer. Keep the faith brother, one of these days one will drop for you.

Never hit a hole-in-one on a par 3. Oddly, the closest I've ever come to holing a tee shot was with my driver on a 280-yard par 4. Landed on the front fringe and rolled within ~2 inches of the cup. Just total dumb luck, but it was cool that I could tap in for eagle and pretend like I knew what I was doing the whole time.

Congrats!! You owe us all drinks :)

Yes!!! I'm owed one for lipping out at least! Congrats though! Bully for you!! How many witnesses? I want my first ace to be a full party mobbing me at the tee.

Hahaha thanks guys. Ironically the guys I was playing with don't drink so I bought lunch instead. 2 witnesses, both of my co-workers one of whom bear hugged me and picked me up (I'm not small). We somehow got ahead of these 4 old guys that usually grab the first tee time every Saturday and they got a kick out of it too.

Congrats.

I got a hole in one on the 3rd at the Tanglewood Par 3. I think the hole is about 80 yards up the side of the hill. I had only been playing about 2 years at that point. Hit with a pitching wedge; ball hit above the hole and to the right and then rolled down and into the cup.

I've hit the pin a couple of times on more legit holes, but no great story there.

My first round ever, I rolled over the lip on Pinehurst #3. I haven't been within 10 feet ever again.

I played at prestonwood yesterday and lipped one out that ended directly behind the hole about 6 inches from the cup. That would have been #1 for me.

Your first round of golf was in Pinehurst? :eek:

Had a buddy that ran their outdoor food ops. Played for $30. Then they laid him off when the economy tanked and corporate groups cut back on junkets.

I have a hole in one on #2 at Old Town. It was like four years ago and I hit a 7-iron from 163, it hit about 8 feet above the hole and spun back slightly enough to trickle back down a ridge into the hole. I birdied the next hole and somehow still shot an 80. It was a great feeling though.

I have a hole in one on #2 at Old Town. It was like four years ago and I hit a 7-iron from 163, it hit about 8 feet above the hole and spun back slightly enough to trickle back down a ridge into the hole. I birdied the next hole and somehow still shot an 80. It was a great feeling though.

That is a fantastic hole.

Nice! Obviously the excitement wears off over time but I'm guessing its one of those things that you can still picture in your head like it was yesterday.

Back