• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Al-Farouq

Nice, I hope he is able to contribute.

I did just see on twitter that Ish got cut today.

Aminu is a very good garbage man, who can guard different positions, run the floor well and hit the boards. Should be a good fit for Dallas. I never thought he was worthy of his lottery draft status but always thought he'd stick around the association for a good while as a garbage man. Hope he does well there.

Sucks about Ish. I hope he gets picked up by a team. I really thought Phoenix was going to stick for him.

Also, I was really shocked when Aminu went for the league minimum. Guy seems worth a lot more to me, but I guess his rep was low after time with the pelicans. Hopefully he has a good year with Dallas and gets paid next off season.

He had a guaranteed contract though, so he's getting his $900k+ this year either way. Hope he finds a new home soon.

The guaranteed money is good, but something tells me Ish is not the type of guy that will be satisfied getting paid any amount to do nothing. I hope he finds some playing time somewhere.

Sucks about Ish. I hope he gets picked up by a team. I really thought Phoenix was going to stick for him.

He'll get picked up by someone, phx just already has 4 pgs. Hes one of the better 3rd guards out there

If the kid had any outside shot at all (including FTs), he'd have a solid NBA career. How college prospect guards can get through HS/AAU without learning to shoot at all amazes me. That said, as quick as he is someone is likely to pick him up again.

Hopefully the grass is greener in Dallas.

If the kid had any outside shot at all (including FTs), he'd have a solid NBA career. How college prospect guards can get through HS/AAU without learning to shoot at all amazes me. That said, as quick as he is someone is likely to pick him up again.

There have been fast basketball players that couldn't shoot long before AAU

Not the best game last night for Al-Farouq.

Manu was kind of unconscious in the 2nd half. Rick Carlisle is well aware of Rouq's offensive limitations. He is much more interested in his defense and rebounding.

I didn't see him play in the second half but I agree the first half was a bit rough. Missed two open threes, committed a charging foul, and got lost a couple times on defense. Hopefully Carlisle has some patience with him.

Farouq does look in great shape, and for his height and length was really gliding across the floor. The mental aspect of the game has always been the tough part. He just doesn't have great instincts.

Back