• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL-ACC TEAMS

MrBojangles

Reaction score
Congrats to Codi Miller-McIntyre for being named Honorable Mention All-ACC. Without a doubt there was a "how good your team is bias," with the exception of Hanlan leading the league in scoring and squeaking onto the 1st team (really surprised that Quinn Cook didn't keep him off).

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that Kennedy Meeks made Honorable Mention anything. He has disappeared as badly as Devin Thomas has the last two weeks. Out of 25 players, 1 each from BC, NCSU, Wake, FSU, and Syracuse while none from VT or GT. Of course, UVA (4), Duke (4), Louisville, UNC(3), Miami (3), Pitt (2) and Notre Dame (2).

Still think Dinos Mitoglou deserved 1st team All-Rookie over Justin Jackson --- with the Duke 3 and FSU's XRM.

Here's hoping that our guys explode in the ACC Tournament and end up playing in the Finals on Saturday.

Congrats to Codi Miller-McIntyre for being named Honorable Mention All-ACC. Without a doubt there was a "how good your team is bias," with the exception of Hanlan leading the league in scoring and squeaking onto the 1st team (really surprised that Quinn Cook didn't keep him off).

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that Kennedy Meeks made Honorable Mention anything. He has disappeared as badly as Devin Thomas has the last two weeks. Out of 25 players, 1 each from BC, NCSU, Wake, FSU, and Syracuse while none from VT or GT. Of course, UVA (4), Duke (4), Louisville, UNC(3), Miami (3), Pitt (2) and Notre Dame (2).

Still think Dinos Mitoglou deserved 1st team All-Rookie over Justin Jackson --- with the Duke 3 and FSU's XRM.

Here's hoping that our guys explode in the ACC Tournament and end up playing in the Finals on Saturday.

Like every other all-________ team. It's the way it should be.

2014-15 ACSMA All-ACC Teams
(First place votes in parenthesis, followed by total points)

First Team All-ACC
Jahlil Okafor, Fr., Duke (64) 320
Jerian Grant, Sr., Notre Dame (64) 320
Rakeem Christmas, Gr. Syracuse (51) 294
Malcolm Brogdon, Jr., Virginia (53) 293
Olivier Hanlan, Jr., Boston College (29) 246

Second Team All-ACC
Montrezl Harrell, Jr., Louisville (21) 220
Quinn Cook, Sr., Duke (23) 219
Terry Rozier, So., Louisville (2) 154
Trevor Lacey, Jr., NC State (2) 123
Justin Anderson, Jr., Virginia (5) 106

Third Team All-ACC
Marcus Paige, Jr., North Carolina (4) 97
Tyus Jones, Fr., Duke (2) 89
Pat Connaughton, Sr., Notre Dame 45
Anthony Gill, Jr., Virginia 42
Brice Johnson, Jr., North Carolina 40

Honorable Mention
Jamel Artis, So., Pittsburgh 33
Tonye Jekiri, Jr., Miami 32
London Perrantes, So., Virginia 31
Sheldon McClellan, Jr., Miami 31
Justise Winslow, Fr., Duke 29
Xavier Rathan-Mayes, Fr., Florida State 24
Michael Young, So., Pittsburgh 14
Angel Rodriguez, Jr., Miami 13
Codi Miller-McIntyre, Jr., Wake Forest 12
Kennedy Meeks, So.,North Carolina 10

2014-15 ACSMA All-ACC Freshman Team

Jahlil Okafor, Duke, *64
Tyus Jones, Duke, 62
Justise Winslow, Duke, 59
Xavier Rathan-Mayes, Florida State, 57
Justin Jackson, North Carolina, 22

ACSMA 2014-15 All-ACC Defensive Team
Rakeem Christmas, Gr., Syracuse, 58
Malcolm Brogdon, Jr., Virginia, 50
Darion Atkins, Sr., Virginia, 38
Tonye Jekiri, Jr., Miami, 38
BeeJay Anya, So., NC State, 29

ACC POY:

Okafor - 44 votes
Grant - 14 votes
Brogdon - 3 votes
Harrell - 1 vote
Christmas - vote
Hanlan - 1 vote

ACC COY

Bennett - 52
Brey - 6
K - 5
Gottfried - 1 (probably a UNC fan that does not want State to fire Gott and hire Miller)

Can't disagree with too much. I didn't see enough of BC to be able to determine whether Hanlon was more deserving than Harrell - I'm a Harrell fan. I didn't think Okafor deserved POY over Grant or Brogdon. Yes, Okafor has enormous potential, but he's far from great at this point. Grant should be MVP because he's the difference between ND being top-25 and being in the cellar like they were last year. And Brogdon is the most complete and mature player in the conference - he just doesn't put up huge #s because he plays for UVA. And I wouldn't argue if the all defensive team would have been Atkins, Brogdon, Anderson, Gill and Perrantes.

Incredible to me that Marcus Paige received 4 first place all-acc votes. He was awful for much of the year (largely due to injury). Realize that it is an unwritten rule that UNC has to have a couple of players receive all ACC honors, but there is no reasonable person that could think that Paige was one of the best 5 players in the ACC this year.

Justin Jackson shot 24.6% from three this year.

Sign of the times: only 4 seniors on the entire list. Christmas is a senior, right?

Honorable Mention is not an All ACC designation. Wish Wake would not have adopted that over the past few years.

How about most easily hated all-ACC? I think my team would be Winslow, Suliamon, Jones, Allen and Plumlee.

why? not disagreeing, i just haven't really considered the arguments.

PTWTG-450x244.png

Basically, if it's close, tie goes to the better team. Otherwise, just take the players with the best stats. I don't see any huge screw-ups on this list, and don't think the good team bias was too strong.

O. Hanlan led the league in scoring, but BC was 1-14 in the league until 10 days ago. I am OK with Hanlan getting the 5th spot on the 1st team, but if Quinn Cook (a better comparison than Harrell given the position) had jumped him, I would absolutely be fine with that. Here is a partial case for Cook: During Duke's current 11 game winning streak, Cook is averaging 18.9 ppg. On the season, his shooting stats are better than Hanlan's. In Duke's 3 closest games in that run (won either in OT or by 1 possession), Cook shot 53.5% from the field (55.2% from 3) and averaged 23.3 ppg. Give me that guy who stepped it up late in the season in tight games to help his team win over the guy who scores >30 points in a game four times, and his team loses all 4 games.
Cook: 1.38 pts per FGA
Hanlan: 1.27 pts per FGA

Wonder when UNC last failed to have at least one player on first or second team All-ACC.

Back