• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

All is Lost

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Finally got around to seeing this movie. He's probably not the front runner, but Redford deserves his Oscar. There is no dialogue except for the prologue and a few moments in the middle. It's really impossible to convey the brilliance of the acting performance. The body language, subtle facial expressions and eyes tell you everything you need to know.

It's also has a strong message about the cold corporate world.

It's an experimental film, it's not perfect but Redford is.

Last edited:
Ps

I just re-read this and it sounds like a well written RJK review. I swear we are not the same person. I also have no Robert Redford stories to share.

I thought Tom Verlaine had died or something.

The most recent issue of Alert Diver magazine had a great write-up on the making of the film. The filmmakers were very impressed at Redford's intuitiveness on the water and skippering. He spent hours each day in the water then would swim laps for another hour after filming wrapped just to stay in shape for the demands and schedule of the film.

The most recent issue of Alert Diver magazine had a great write-up on the making of the film. The filmmakers were very impressed at Redford's intuitiveness on the water and skippering. He spent hours each day in the water then would swim laps for another hour after filming wrapped just to stay in shape for the demands and schedule of the film.

He did all the stunts including climbing the mast.

Underrated? I thought he was pretty widely considered great?

i don't think the younger generation's really had the exposure to Redford since he's been behind hte camera so much more

i don't think the younger generation's really had the exposure to Redford since he's been behind hte camera so much more

Redford has been in SO many great films, including a few in the last 25 years: A River Runs Through It, The Horse Whisperer, The Last Castle, Spy Game. Redford is so fucking good that he and Morgan Freeman made a great movie (An Unfinished Life) with Jennifer Lopez, one of the worst failed actresses of our time. I mean she is a complete dog shit actress in everything else she's ever done besides that movie.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Redford has been in SO many great films, including a few in the last 25 years: A River Runs Through It, The Horse Whisperer, The Last Castle, Spy Game. Redford is so fucking good that he and Morgan Freeman made a great movie (An Unfinished Life) with Jennifer Lopez, one of the worst failed actresses of our time. I mean she is a complete dog shit actress in everything else she's ever done besides that movie.

I think Redford's pretty good but let's not get crazy here. Also, A) that's 4 movies and B) those moves are far from great, and it's not Redford's acting that's propping them up

Horse Whisperer = great film? GTFO

Also, he was just the fucking narrator for River Runs Through It. The narration didn't really make or break that movie.

Point taken, those are not great films, but as a Millenial those have been the modern Robert Redford films I really liked, and non of them were critical dogs that I can recall. I did hate Lions for Lambs though. It should go without saying that none of those films hold a candle to The Sting or Butch & Sundance

Last edited:
I'm a millennial twerp and I still know Butch Cassidy, All the President's Men, The Natural, and Out of Africa.

I'm a millennial twerp and I still know Butch Cassidy, All the President's Men, The Natural, and Out of Africa.

Of course I know about those films, but the point was that Redford was an underrated actor to the modern younger generation.

How the fuck do you mention the Horse Whisperer as one of his great movies of the last 25 years and you don't mention Sneakers.

Sneakers >>>>>>>>>>> everything

Back