• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

I have a question. When you post a fuck you, John Currie on Sunday, is that fuck you for today or for inaction on Currie’s part on Saturday? What I’m asking, I guess, is are you expressing contempt retroactively or in real time?

You are overthinking this. And also way too obsessed with 2&2.

See, I'm converting even the nonbelievers. Fuck You, Currie! Every day that goes by with Manning still here, Currie is saying fuck you to us. So fuck you, you worthless son of a bitch!

Are you an angry person? Trashing our AD who has only been here 11 months is small-time. Let's see how this whole thing shakes out and give the guy some time...fucks sake man.

Last edited:
FUCK YOU, JOHN CURRIE

Agreed that he doesn't deserve much attention but he's everything that's wrong with these boards.

Everything? No. He is one side of the coin. The flip side are the “trust no matter what, it’s all going to be fine.” At least I understand where the angry ones are coming from.

I mean what's worse, being angry that our team has sucked for a decade, or mocking people who are angry that our team has sucked for a decade?

Everything? No. He is one side of the coin. The flip side are the “trust no matter what, it’s all going to be fine.” At least I understand where the angry ones are coming from.

I mean what's worse, being angry that our team has sucked for a decade, or mocking people who are angry that our team has sucked for a decade?

This thread started 5 days, yes only FIVE days after Currie officially became athletic director. And only a few weeks after Wake had officially stated that Manning was coaching the 2019-2020 season.

Anger is understandable. Misdirected anger is annoying or worse. Original post was on a Sunday, so only three working days had elapsed. That is why some find 2&2's rants tiresome. Kinda like a four year old's temper tantrums. Only hopes of him outgrowing them them dim by the day and repetition.

You're pretty dense.

Missing the point

No one is happy about all this. I'm furious. We have been irrelevant for 10 years now. Less than 1 of those years has been under the control of John Currie. Give the guy a chance.

Are you an angry person? Trashing our AD who has only been here 11 months is small-time. Let's see how this whole thing shakes out and give the guy some time...fucks sake man.

How on earth is 11 months not "some time" to fire someone? Are your expectations that beaten down and dead? I've fired people in 11 seconds.

This thread started 5 days, yes only FIVE days after Currie officially became athletic director. And only a few weeks after Wake had officially stated that Manning was coaching the 2019-2020 season.

Anger is understandable. Misdirected anger is annoying or worse. Original post was on a Sunday, so only three working days had elapsed. That is why some find 2&2's rants tiresome. Kinda like a four year old's temper tantrums. Only hopes of him outgrowing them them dim by the day and repetition.

And, not surprisingly, the next 11 months have transpired the same as those first 5 days - nothing but incompetence from Currie with the majority of Wake fans coming up with more and stretched excuses for his inaction. As usual, I was correct.

I have a question. When you post a fuck you, John Currie on Sunday, is that fuck you for today or for inaction on Currie’s part on Saturday? What I’m asking, I guess, is are you expressing contempt retroactively or in real time?

It is a static snapshot of his aggregate impotence to date.

And, not surprisingly, the next 11 months have transpired the same as those first 5 days - nothing but incompetence from Currie with the majority of Wake fans coming up with more and stretched excuses for his inaction. As usual, I was correct.

Yeah it’s a weird perspective certain posters have. It’s inappropriate to be unhappy until enough time (usually years) of ineptitude has passed. Then they announce when it’s ok to be buzz, Wellman, Manning, or Currie out. I guess that’s why they are the smart fans and we’re the idiots that don’t get it.

If this was a normal time, Danny not being fired yet would be maddening. It's not like any other time in the past fifty years. To think there is no difference is naive and silly.

Yeah it’s a weird perspective certain posters have. It’s inappropriate to be unhappy until enough time (usually years) of ineptitude has passed. Then they announce when it’s ok to be buzz, Wellman, Manning, or Currie out. I guess that’s why they are the smart fans and we’re the idiots that don’t get it.

Who has said it’s inappropriate to be unhappy until enough time has passed? No one. I’m unhappy. Every Wake alum is unhappy.

If this was a normal time, Danny not being fired yet would be maddening. It's not like any other time in the past fifty years. To think there is no difference is naive and silly.

I thought you never hit first.

This has been a shitshow since wellman botched things with Dino. Shit got worse and worse for a decade. Manning should have been shitcanned a hundred times over.

Who has said it’s inappropriate to be unhappy until enough time has passed? No one. I’m unhappy. Every Wake alum is unhappy.

For a decade there have been plenty of posters who were wait and see this. And you have to give so and so time to get his guys that. Wake forest basketball has been amateur hour for a decade. Sitting around talking about Covington optics and whatever is just more bullshit. God who remembers all the “I really like this team” bullshit with buzz’s hof first class. God it’s been pathetic and all the excuse making is lowf. There’s not one damn reason not to have shitcanned D fucking M in May. We are no better off now than if we had. Except we have another shitty class of recruits that a real coach will have to run off. If we ever get a real coach.

Back