• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

I wouldn’t be surprised if CBS guy isn’t just re-reporting what Goodman said about the buyout last year.

No buyout. Fired for cause. DM apparently will contest it. Should be interesting to hear how he was actually good at his job.
Holy shit.
That's huge.
He's got no case to contest... he's demonstrably failed. And he knows it.

But then I also wouldn’t be surprised if the buyout was as terrible as we all imagined or worse

Maybe they were lining up some rationale to get rid of him without the buyout and needed the goods?

I guess Chaundee Brown's sudden about face makes sense now.

explain to me the threshold for validating "for cause" and why every coaching termination isn't for cause

explain to me the threshold for validating "for cause" and why every coaching termination isn't for cause

It’s all based on the specific language in Manning’s contract - 99.9% of posters haven’t read that or know someone who’s read it, so it’s all going to be speculation.

For discussion...

Could there have been a performance clause in the contract?

See RJ that is how you drop a scoop. Geez.

I dropped the scoop last year that Goodman was wrong. I said earlier this year the number was wrong.

My bad, even when I'm right. I'm wrong to so many here.

I dropped the scoop last year that Goodman was wrong. I said earlier this year the number was wrong.

My bad, even when I'm right. I'm wrong to so many here.

Leave this one thread be, RJ. Thanks.

No buyout. Fired for cause. DM apparently will contest it. Should be interesting to hear how he was actually good at his job.

College coaches are shitting their pants about this. The concept of buyouts may be gone if we win.

Don’t you have a public toilet seat to lick?

Don't be made at me because you rubes were duped by the "can't find buyout money during a pandemic" okiedoke. If he was just going to fire and not pay him he could have done it last year, as I said. As usual, I was right.

Back