• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

It took a lot longer than I cared for, but to Currie's credit, we are the ONLY P5 team to make a coaching change. We are the only opening so we actually operating from a position of strength. But to throw a little cold water on everything...even Ron Wellman fired some basketball coaches. The real job is who do you hire. Ron Wellman failed that part of the job like no other AD has ever failed, so lets hope that Currie can hit a homerun.

45 days after our last game is not exactly the first possible moment

I appreciate the good effort BBD, but you may as well give it up. As you said, RJ hasn't shut up in 20 years and never will. He and Brews seem determined to make this all about themselves and spend the rest of the day congratulating each other about their insider knowledge. Maybe they could both just go to the new coaching search thread and tell us exactly who we are going to hire. I'm sure they both know and, as soon as they tell Currie, he can go ahead and make an announcement.

Never said I knew who would be the coach, but keep making things up.

I appreciate the good effort BBD, but you may as well give it up. As you said, RJ hasn't shut up in 20 years and never will. He and Brews seem determined to make this all about themselves and spend the rest of the day congratulating each other about their insider knowledge. Maybe they could both just go to the new coaching search thread and tell us exactly who we are going to hire. I'm sure they both know and, as soon as they tell Currie, he can go ahead and make an announcement.

Brews ain’t rj

Nov 2018 - Hatch approaches Wellman about “retiring” in Spring 2019, a year before his contract is up

Careful Bob, this doesn’t support the board narrative about Ron Wellman and undermines the construct for the other juvenile FU thread.

The press release tells you everything you need to know about this decision. The obstacle has always been Hatch and certain members of the BOT. If Manning hadn’t stepped on his dick, he’d still be here.

All of you assholes on this thread owe Curry an apology.

Careful Bob, this doesn’t support the board narrative about Ron Wellman and undermines the construct for the other juvenile FU thread.

The press release tells you everything you need to know about this decision. The obstacle has always been Hatch and certain members of the BOT. If Manning hadn’t stepped on his dick, he’d still be here.

All of you assholes on this thread owe Curry an apology.

Internal obstacles or squabbling is irrelevant. As an institution Wake Forest massively failed in keeping DM on at least 2 seasons longer than he should’ve been here. It’s a collective failure.

Best. Day. Ever. I just screamed in my living room and my fiancé said since you got this good news can we not watch the draft. Negatory

Internal obstacles or squabbling is irrelevant. As an institution Wake Forest massively failed in keeping DM on at least 2 seasons longer than he should’ve been here. It’s a collective failure.
Got to give the guy who was just hired a chance to rectify the situation before holding him accountable.

I'mpretty fucking pumped today, y'all

It's a new decade for Wake Forest basketball.

It took a while, but it is what I expected from Currie. The Corona virus and stock market crash did a major change to the schedule.

It took a while, but it is what I expected from Currie. The Corona virus and stock market crash did a major change to the schedule.

See, this is just bullshit. Has the coronavirus disappeared where you are? Have all the restrictions been lifted? Which restaurant are you going dine at tonight? Do you think the market is anywhere near the level it was in February?

This isn't a criticism of Currie. Like Strick just said above, I'm pumped about this and don't really give a damn how we got here. The point is, we did get here. But let's not pretend we waited until everything was back to "normal" for this to happen.

A quote from John Currie during his press conference

"Don't assume accuracy of any figures in media."

Last edited:
I wonder if all the shout-outs to the Wake NBA players and the 95 team celebration was an indirect thank you to some of them for a$$i$tance with the coaching change.

Back