• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

All-season tires

discdude

Lampin in the cut
Reaction score
I don't have room to store multiple sets of tires right now. As a result, I need to go all-season. I want an all-season that does well in winter weather conditions. I don't trust the tirerack ratings, but I am going to choose between the following tires:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=188&to_desktop=true

I have a '09 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport. Size would be 205/50-17.

Does anyone have any recommendations, or experience with these tires? If not these, any other recommendations? Do the price points on tirerack seem reasonable?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

We have the P7's on my wife's Sonata. I've forgotten what we compared them to, but they are great tires. 215/55-17. I yanked the original tires off before 5000 miles.

We have the P7's on my wife's Sonata. I've forgotten what we compared them to, but they are great tires. 215/55-17. I yanked the original tires off before 5000 miles.

How is the winter condition handling?

I don't have room to store multiple sets of tires right now. As a result, I need to go all-season. I want an all-season that does well in winter weather conditions. I don't trust the tirerack ratings,

You don't trust the data from a source that sells thousands of thousands of tires, and has personal reviews from hundreds of people for each tire, but you'll go with something 1-2 people here on a wake sports forum say? :confused:

FWIW, the difference between an all-season and a proper winter tire in winter conditions is night and day. Performance tires<<<All Seasons<<<<<<<<<<<<<Winter Tires. Considering your location, I'd try to figure out a way to store some tires. A friend's garage maybe? See if someone from craigslist will rent you a corner of their garage? I'd rather drive a rear wheel drive sports car on snow tires than an AWD winter wagon on all seasons. Cornering/braking are far more important than acceleration, and all-season tires are mostly awful at those in the snow.

Last edited:
You don't trust the data from a source that sells thousands of thousands of tires, and has personal reviews from hundreds of people for each tire, but you'll go with something 1-2 people here on a wake sports forum say? :confused:

Tire rack has always seemed pretty solid to me.

I made it 6 years in New Hampshire with all season Continentals (came standard on the car) and my all wheel drive BMW. But I did very little driving (home to hospital and back). If you are planning on being out and about much without reliably plowed roads, you need to get winter tires. Most people in NH had them. Store the summer tires under your deck or something.

FWIW, the difference between an all-season and a proper winter tire in winter conditions is night and day. Performance tires<<<All Seasons<<<<<<<<<<<<<Winter Tires. Considering your location, I'd try to figure out a way to store some tires. A friend's garage maybe? See if someone from craigslist will rent you a corner of their garage? I'd rather drive a rear wheel drive sports car on snow tires than an AWD winter wagon on all seasons. Cornering/braking are far more important than acceleration, and all-season tires are mostly awful at those in the snow.

If someone on here dealt directly with tires then yeah. I get it. I know winters are better. I don't have the room.

I made it 6 years in New Hampshire with all season Continentals (came standard on the car) and my all wheel drive BMW. But I did very little driving (home to hospital and back). If you are planning on being out and about much without reliably plowed roads, you need to get winter tires. Most people in NH had them. Store the summer tires under your deck or something.

This. Continentals have been the best tires I've ever run. I have the SSR Run flats but will be most likely replacing with the Extreme Contacts which have ridiculously fantastic handling and ride. You're not going to want those for snow driving but the Continental Cross-Contacts and Extreme-Contacts are great All-Seasonals. Drove cars with both at BMW's test track in South Carolina.

Back