• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alt. Country Goodness

Kent

JTNB
Reaction score
For those interested in alternative country music, here's my latest mix. 25 good ones.

Blog Post

8tracks

I'm always interested in hearing about new or undiscovered bands. Recommendations wanted.

Thanks for the post. Will definitely check out when I get back in town and off my phone.

Any way you could give us a track listing?

Any way you could give us a track listing?

rc3.jpg

Kent:

You need to listen to Fear & Whiskey now.

It's like loving metal but not knowing Paranoid.

Kent:

You need to listen to Fear & Whiskey now.

It's like loving metal but not knowing Paranoid.

I know and dig the Mekons, and some of Jon Langford's other collaborations with Sally Timms. I've always thought that MMJ, one of my favorite current bands, must have listened to Fear and Whiskey growing up. Good stuff.

Is Slobberbone still together? For some reason I was thinking they had disbanded. Get Gone Again by them is one of my favorites.

Is Slobberbone still together? For some reason I was thinking they had disbanded. Get Gone Again by them is one of my favorites.

Barrel Chested is a great record from start to finish. There are some pretty good bootlegs available via A Truer Sound (great alt. country blog) and others.

Barrel Chested is a great record from start to finish. There are some pretty good bootlegs available via A Truer Sound (great alt. country blog) and others.

So yeah, it looks like they are back together, with a different lineup and going out on tour again. Cool!

Split Lip Rayfield is a blast from the past. The last time I saw them one of their band members was terminally ill.

I don't know if they classify as Alt. Country but have you guys heard of Boneponey? Some of their earlier stuff is real good. I am actually fairly friendly with them (their latest music is a little too poppy for my taste) . VERY GOOD live.

really, really enjoyed honeybrowne's julie at the bar. how well known are they in texas. i had never heard of them before.

really, really enjoyed honeybrowne's julie at the bar. how well known are they in texas. i had never heard of them before.

i really enjoyed this song too. i'm liking everything so far.

Back