• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazon Fire TV

drew

Reaction score
Out today, and looks pretty sweet. Essentially, a similar set top box to the Roku line. Has voice activated controls, and has WatchESPN built in, which is huge for me. Also has some pretty great hardware specs. No HBO Go yet though. At $99, I may have to give it a whirl. Seems like a great way to cheaply and flawlessly stream WatchESPN to the TV.

Why not just use roku for half the price? Seems dumb for them to match Apple's price without the mirroring

It does mirroring with a kindle fire, I believe.

Drew can you tell if you have to have cable tv subscription to get the watchespn app to work? That would be awesome if you didn't.

A judge ruled last year that, in penance for his earlier crimes, Drew now has to shill for Amazon for the rest of his electronic life.

It does mirroring with a kindle fire, I believe.

Drew can you tell if you have to have cable tv subscription to get the watchespn app to work? That would be awesome if you didn't.

Fairly sure that you still do have to have ESPN tv to use it.

Fairly sure that you still do have to have ESPN tv to use it.

What good is that app on a device like this, if you already have the espn tv subscription? Watch replays of stuff? Mobile is a different story.

What good is that app on a device like this, if you already have the espn tv subscription? Watch replays of stuff? Mobile is a different story.
It allows you to watch games on your tv that are not on ESPN or ESPN2, but are on ESPN3/WatchESPN. I believe many Wake games fall into this category.

Back