• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AMC fires Frank Darabont (The Walking Dead)

I loved the show, wonder if the second season will suck now. Seriously, how do you fire the director of Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile?

I didn't think the first season was THAT great. Its hype greatly benefited from the "nerd bump." That said, it could get a WHOLE lot worse with changing any showrunner, much less a guy like Darabont.

This was expected. Darabont is crazy.

Pilot was pretty great, but the rest of the season, particularly the writing, was very shaky.

I almost watched the pilot because of Darabont. Didn't because I'm not big on zombies. Now I guess there's no chance I watch it.

I was entertained, so I'll watch again until and unless it pisses me off like the killing.

I had a lot of problems with the first season of Walking Dead (especially after the premiere, as others said), but there's no way in hell it can be as shitty as the Killing.

The problem with the first two episodes was they were really heavy on the zombies, and I think that turned off people who aren't interested in zombies. The last three episodes didn't have much to do with zombies themselves, but how their presence was affecting the humans who were left. I liked the second half much more than the first.

Turns out I was wrong (shocker).

Darabont was axed because apparently Weiner and the Mad Men crew are sucking all of AMC's budget into their show.

Hence, Breaking Bad is being asked to cut down for next season and Walking Dead lost Darabont.

I thought I heard a rumor that Breaking Bad is heading to another network. Anyone see that anywhere? Too lazy to Google it.

I thought I heard a rumor that Breaking Bad is heading to another network. Anyone see that anywhere? Too lazy to Google it.

It was just a threat when AMC was trying to get BB to cut down to 6 or 8 episodes. FWIW, Sepinwall said that no network would even try to pick Breaking Bad up for one season, that it wasn't worth it.

I'm 2 episodes behind on Breaking Bad so save any spoilers for the BB thread. Not that it should come up in this discussion anyway. Just taking extra precaution. Thank you.

Back