• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

America - 400 Years of Territorial Development

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
You can watch the evolution of the USA from the beginning, including the formation of each and every county in the country. Its mesmerizing and I've been watching it on loop for the last 20 minutes.

I didn't know BC was ever part of the US. If my understanding from Wiki is right, it was jointly owned by the US and Britain and conceded with the Oregon Treaty. This was from lightly skimming the article so I may be way off.

Guess I never realized Oklahoma wasn't a state until 1907. Reading the first 30 years of Oklahoma history is FUCKED UP.

I didn't know BC was ever part of the US. If my understanding from Wiki is right, it was jointly owned by the US and Britain and conceded with the Oregon Treaty. This was from lightly skimming the article so I may be way off.

It was disputed territory, hence President Polk's slogan of 54'40 or fight when trying to fix the boundary.

Assuming that it's showing only the English influence, it's a damn shame that it completely neglects the fact that Jamestown, VA was around two decades before Plymouth Rock. You could also make the argument to include the Lost Colony.

Back