• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Americana Tour

timdunkandthefunk

Rusty Larue
Reaction score
Dylan/Wilco/My Morning Jacket.

1. Has anyone been yet?
2. Is anyone from DC/NOVA going tonight with an extra seat in the car home? Free tank of gas!

I've seen Dylan twice in the last ten years and don't think he brings much these days but I love MMJ and haven't had a chance to see Wilco yet.

I wanted to go but have work obligations that I can't miss. Was thinking about Merriweather Post or VA Beach but couldn't make it work. Saw Wilco last summer at Wolf Trap which was amazing.

The 5 greatest rappers on stage, at the same time, with Wilco and some other band?

SATURDAY, JULY 27
The Lumineers
Dr. Dog
Polica
Hey Marseilles

Wake Owl (cancelled)

SUNDAY, JULY 28
AmericanaramA Festival of Music Featuring
Bob Dylan & His Band, Wilco, My Morning Jacket and Ryan Bingham

WIGGINS PARK ARTISTS

FRIDAY, JULY 26
(Gates Open 5:00pm)
Aaron & The Spell 5:30pm
The Districts 6:10pm
Alo Brasil 6:45pm
Kat Edmonson 7:25pm
Michael Kiwanuka 8:00pm
Red Baraat 9:00pm
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros 9:50pm

SATURDAY, JULY 27
(Gates Open 11:30am)
The Stray Birds 12:00pm
Fleeting Ends 12:30pm
The Last Bison 1:05pm
Erin McKeown 1:40pm
Matt Pond 2:25pm
Dr. John 3:10pm
Lord Huron 4:10pm
Trampled By Turtles 4:55pm
Brett Dennen 5:55pm
John Butler Trio 6:45pm

SUNDAY, JULY 28
DRGN KING 12:00pm
Kopecky Family Band 12:30pm
José James 1:00pm
Phosphorescent 1:45pm
Lianne La Havas 2:25pm
Justin Townes Earle 3:15pm
Dawes 4:05pm

Going this weekend. Ryan Bingham is there with them too.

Humble brag on this full festival lineup (which Americanarama is only a part of) seen above teh quoted text.

Really like Phosphorescent. Might be too mellow to see at a festival though.

Saw AmericanaramA earlier this month in Memphis.

Went largely to see Dylan. He was extremely disappointing, even with extremely tempered expectations. We looked up his setlist a few nights before in Nashville to kind of give us an idea of what to expect...and he played the EXACT same show in the EXACT same order. We then realized that for the 18 previous dates on the tour, all of them were essentially the EXACT same show in the EXACT same order (with a few small variations). I understand he is old now and need routine to probably even be able to get out there and do it, but with the extensive catalogue of material he has it seemed very lazy to make zero effort to vary his setlist at all night to night.

Had never seen MMJ and am not really into their stuff. However they were pleasantly surprisingly entertaining and I enjoyed their set. Wilco was standard Wilco.

If you're only going to see one show, does it matter that much if the setlist is the same? How was the performance otherwise?

We looked up his setlist a few nights before in Nashville to kind of give us an idea of what to expect...and he played the EXACT same show in the EXACT same order.

I agree someone with that deep of a catalogue should shake it up, but fax brings up a good point. You were only seeing him once and you went to look up the setlist, so you obviously wanted to know what kind of stuff he was playing in advance. Should have helped you plan your beer and pisser runs.

Saw Dylan about 15 years ago at a festival and he (or the sound) was horrible. Just don't see him being good at a big venue these days.

I saw Paul McCartney a few weeks ago, and he really doesn't vary his set night to night. It was a terrific show, and he's still in great shape and has a great band, and it was one of the most memorable shows I've seen, but I dunno if I'd see him again. Judging by his setlists from year to year, I'd say they're 80% the same (maybe in a slightly different order). Some of my favorite bands that I see multiple times in the same year are the kind to vary their sets, which makes for a nice surprise at each show (eg, Allman Brothers, Widespread Panic, Pearl Jam).

SATURDAY, JULY 27
The Lumineers
Dr. Dog
Polica
Hey Marseilles

Wake Owl (cancelled)

SUNDAY, JULY 28
AmericanaramA Festival of Music Featuring
Bob Dylan & His Band, Wilco, My Morning Jacket and Ryan Bingham

WIGGINS PARK ARTISTS

FRIDAY, JULY 26
(Gates Open 5:00pm)
Aaron & The Spell 5:30pm
The Districts 6:10pm
Alo Brasil 6:45pm
Kat Edmonson 7:25pm
Michael Kiwanuka 8:00pm
Red Baraat 9:00pm
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros 9:50pm

SATURDAY, JULY 27
The Stray Birds 12:00pm
Fleeting Ends 12:30pm
The Last Bison 1:05pm
Erin McKeown 1:40pm
Matt Pond 2:25pm
Dr. John 3:10pm
Lord Huron 4:10pm
Trampled By Turtles 4:55pm
Brett Dennen 5:55pm
John Butler Trio 6:45pm

SUNDAY, JULY 28
DRGN KING 12:00pm
Kopecky Family Band 12:30pm
José James 1:00pm
Phosphorescent 1:45pm
Lianne La Havas 2:25pm
Justin Townes Earle 3:15pm
Dawes 4:05pm

Humble brag on this full festival lineup (which Americanarama is only a part of) seen above teh quoted text.

So bummed, once again I have class this weekend. Really horrible timing for classes this year.

Really like Phosphorescent. Might be too mellow to see at a festival though.

Really, really love his stuff. Quotidian Beast is fucking gnar.

I agree someone with that deep of a catalogue should shake it up, but fax brings up a good point. You were only seeing him once and you went to look up the setlist, so you obviously wanted to know what kind of stuff he was playing in advance. Should have helped you plan your beer and pisser runs.

Saw Dylan about 15 years ago at a festival and he (or the sound) was horrible. Just don't see him being good at a big venue these days.

Almost everything about Dylan's performance was horrible, including the repeated setlist. He wore Adidas track pants and looked like he had just got out of bed in terms of energy. Didn't touch a guitar. Every second or third song he would go sit down at the piano (I'm still convinced he did this to take breaks from standing). Sound quality was terrible (Outdoors at a minor league baseball stadium). And his enunciation problems are well documented in his old age. Overall it didn't seem like he cared. Just going through the motions. It's almost like he's toured for so long now that it's such a part of his life he doesn't know when to stop.

I say all of this as a huge Dylan fan and apologist. I wasn't expecting much at all but still left disappointed.

yeah I saw Dylan at Ernie Shore a few years ago and it was rough. the opening acts were good, and Dylan's band is good, but Dylan is ungood. his voice is shot, he plays keys (I think I read his arthritis makes it so he no longer plays guitar), and he changes up the songs so much you cannot sing along.

Almost everything about Dylan's performance was horrible, including the repeated setlist.

Doesn't appear as though Wilco had a repeated setlist problem. They posted this morning that over the course of the tour they played 116 songs. Granted some of them were played multiple times but the amount of songs they played just once is pretty cool. Here's the breakdown of each song and how often it was performed:

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/wilco-23d6982b.html?tour=AmericanaramA+Festival+of+Music

Back