• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Americans don't take enough vacation

OMG, this quote from the comments section, WTF?:

I personally find vacations longer than a few days actually bring down both my personal happiness and health. As I get older (I just turned 50), I find I like work more and more, and I find long absences from work affect my happiness and health negatively.

OMG, this quote from the comments section, WTF?:

I personally find vacations longer than a few days actually bring down both my personal happiness and health. As I get older (I just turned 50), I find I like work more and more, and I find long absences from work affect my happiness and health negatively.

This is probably my fucking boss. He leads a rich, full life.

Srsly tho, there are a lot of 50 something empty nester professionals out there who have put a shitload of asskissing and energy into their kids (hence fucking millennials) for the last 18 years, and since their kids are now gone to college no have no lives except work. Sweet work old bros! create a generation of pussies and end up with no life at 50! Have fun at the office re-checking your TPS reports at 8:30pm on a Tuesday!

Last edited:
Add the fact that those work loving olds are never going to retire and we're all fucked

I find that I can only use so much time off in one year. I work in a small group and we always fight for the same days off and being one of the less senior people on the team I always get last choice. Also it seem I'm always connected anyways and answering emails or the phone regardless of where I am and sometimes it is a hassle of not being in the office to get things done.

I find that I can only use so much time off in one year. I work in a small group and we always fight for the same days off and being one of the less senior people on the team I always get last choice. Also it seem I'm always connected anyways and answering emails or the phone regardless of where I am and sometimes it is a hassle of not being in the office to get things done.

if this is how you are using your vacation time, you're doing it wrong. real talk.

Back