• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amsterdam

Wake95

Reaction score
I may be going to Uganda this summer on a mission trip. Flights will connect through Amsterdam. Is it worth having a one day layover there? Could I do/see much in 24 hours to make it worth the effort? What recs would you have on things to see. I can do without the obligatory red light district comments..ha!

I've done the day long layover on a US to Amsterdam to Africa trip before and absolutely it's worth a day. It's certainly better than spending that time in Schiphol. I don't have any recs other than standard tourist stuff. Drink some beer, eat some gouda, have a falafel. Obviously I enjoyed the food. Museums, Heineken tour, brown coffee shops, walking around. Like I say, even if completely touristy, better than hanging at the airport.

why wouldn't you want to see the red light district

Ha! Didn't say I didn't want to see it....just saying I don't need to hear about it.

Back