• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anchorman 2

zqglass

Reaction score
idk if this has been discussed on here yet, but i saw it yesterday and left the theatre feeling pretty disappointed. definitely not as good as the first, it did have its moments though. about halfway through i started getting the feeling that the guys weren't even trying to be funny, like they didn't even want to make the movie. i maybe laughed once at brick the whole movie, idk who thought having him scream and laugh his ass off the whole movie was a good gag. i also heard that they had to choose between doing this or step brothers 2, and since they chose to shoot this that step brothers 2 will never happen. such a shame. frankly this movie sucked hard. seeing john c reilly as the ghost of stonewall jackson definitely made me feel like i got my moneys worth though...

They definitely pushed WAYYY too hard with the Brick character...it's funny when it's innocent stupidity every now and then, but making it happen in every scene is just dumb.

Though I did laugh my ass off at the "I ain't afraid of no ghost" line after Ron said they were on the graveyard shift.

The blind plotline was just absurdly stupid.

All of the jokes either hit big or bombed completely...few "chuckle" moments in the film. Definitely a disappointment.

And I wouldn't put too much weight into anything about only being able to do one movie...movies die and are reborn plenty of times and there's no way they'd turn down money to make a decent Stepbrothers 2 script.

First hour was great.

Second hour was bad.

Is there a wolf of wall street thread? Saw it last night. Am I an asshole or saint for not laughing at most of the "funny" parts? I was pretty much disgusted w/ the characters, not at what was happening in the scenes but just at the way they behaved. I feel like in most Marty films I root for the bad guys outside of Jack in The Departed. He even made Matt Damon human in that flick. But in Wolf, these dudes were just uber terrible. Never felt fully invested. Props to Leo great acting and that Aussie chick is absolutely smoking hot and a great actress.

First hour was great.

Second hour was bad.

Is there a wolf of wall street thread? Saw it last night. Am I an asshole or saint for not laughing at most of the "funny" parts? I was pretty much disgusted w/ the characters, not at what was happening in the scenes but just at the way they behaved. I feel like in most Marty films I root for the bad guys outside of Jack in The Departed. He even made Matt Damon human in that flick. But in Wolf, these dudes were just uber terrible. Never felt fully invested. Props to Leo great acting and that Aussie chick is absolutely smoking hot and a great actress.
Margot Robbie... Stupid hot

Alex, I’ll take “ Things easy to predict for $100"

Holy shit, man, I tried to watch this last night for the first time and couldn't get past the first half hour. Horrible. And I freaking love the first one.

I thought it was ok. I went in not expecting much and still found it to be pretty funny. As stated above, the Brick parts really felt forced. Unlike some, I do find Ferrell to be pretty funny. He can make some otherwise mediocre writing funny just with his schtick and there were moments of that.

It was alright, but I watched on a flight where I had no other options

saw it on a flight as well. there was no way it could live up to the first so i went in with low expectations. thought there was some good stuff. first half or so was pretty solid. the last half was not really funny.

Back