• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anchovies and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

IAppreciateIt

no bunting allowed
Reaction score
I had a pizza with 'chovies for lunch -- they are delicious.

BUT, for the first 20 yrs of my life I thought they were GROSS. If i didn't accidentally point at an anchovy pizza my first week in venice i would still think they are gross (probs).

I blame the evil anti-anchovy agenda of the TMNT cartoons. poor anchovy farmers of america.

moral: eat more 'chovies.

Caesar Salads were my introduction to that delish salty fish!!

Good (fresh-ish) anchovies are great.

Anchovies from chain pizza places are straight garbage.

Nice canned anchovies from Spain are great. Domestic canned anchovies are fine.

Tube of anchovy paste in the fridge is a secret weapon.

I tried anchovies for the first time when I was hungover and told my friend to order whatever the fuck he wanted on his pizza as long as he left me alone. I woke up to the odor and almost lost my cookies, but I forced a piece down and I'll be damned if I didn't fall in love.

it has been decades since I've had anchovies on pizza. needless to say wife and kids aren't interested. traveling on business next week so maybe I'll try to find a good pizza place and reacquaint myself with them.

they are monte but i bet liking anchovies is correlated with liking capers.

Back