• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Andre Washington> Issac Haas?

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
The improvement being shown by Andre makes the loss of Haas more bearable. With a healthy Green, WFU should be ok in the middle next year. We could use a banger if we can find one this late though .

The improvement being shown by Andre makes the loss of Haas more bearable. With a healthy Green, WFU should be ok in the middle next year. We could use a banger if we can find one this late though .

This is all wrong. Sour grapes, especially wrong sour grapes, are a bad look.

Sour grapes? Don't get that. I'm buzz out but Andre has improved

If only our savior green were healthy, we would win the ACC. Who needs haas.

Andre is a good offensive rebounder, pretty poor defensive rebounder for his size, is shooting an extremely high percentage from the field for him, and isn't playing too much. He will struggle with more powerful and athletic bigs once he gets into ACC play and likely will have his time tied into how frequently Devin is in foul trouble.

1 FG against a top 25 team will really up your stock, apparently.

Nice thread.

He's got some holes in his game but he's much improved from last year. I like where he's headed and always happy to see him on the court- at least while we're playing scrub teams.

I agree. But he shows some promise. He seems to be developing to where he can contribute as a reserve this year. From all accounts, Haas didn't pay much for his AAU team and was going to need some time to develop. Hopefully we can sign the guy from Oak Hill, and get Daniel and Mclinton back for next year( maybe Green this year )

He's got some holes in his game but he's much improved from last year. I like where he's headed and always happy to see him on the court- at least while we're playing scrub teams.

Agreed that he looks much improved from last year. I've been impressed with his shot blocking and effort on the offensive glass. He's only playing about 10 minutes per game right now. I'd like to see him get some minutes with Devin to see how they complement each other.

Haas was going to need some time to develop - would have been pretty much perfect timing with Andre heading into his Junior year.

His 16.5 points, 10.1 rebounds, and 5.5 blocks - all per 40 minutes pace adjusted - look great until you consider our SOS. (Though his 3.0 turnovers and 6.8 personal fouls leave a bit to be desired.)

I'm happy that Dre is able to play some decent minutes for us, but I'll be thrilled when he does it against ACC competition.

Can't we just be happy where our players are at without making ridiculous claims?

I hated losing Haas . It was devastating . I'm just surprised by what I have seem from Washington so far this year .

Why did you feel the need to start a thread about Washington with the title "Andre Washington>Isaac Haas?," then?

First the OP question is irrelevant. Never hurts to have two big men.

Our top 8-9 for next year:

G: CMM
G: Shelton
F: Mclinton?, Moto?
F: Cav
F: Devin

Bench:

G: Madison
G: Miles?

F: Mclinton/Moto
F/C: Washington?/ Green?

We could have used Haas

First the OP question is irrelevant. Never hurts to have two big men.

Our top 8-9 for next year:

G: CMM
G: Shelton
F: Mclinton?, Moto?
F: Cav
F: Devin

Bench:

G: Madison
G: Miles?

F: Mclinton/Moto
F/C: Washington?/ Green?

We could have used Haas

Dude, Rondale.

Why did you feel the need to start a thread about Washington with the title "Andre Washington>Isaac Haas?," then?

Look the question mark? It was a question - not a statement. I don't agree the comparison is ridiculous. Haas isn't a top 25 sure thing level recruit. Woods and Ty were ranked much higher than Haas. He fucked us and it looks like he wouldn't have been a sure starter next year. Andre might have beaten him out.

Back