• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Andy Katz Wake BBall Article 9/15

( Ty ) " You surprised to see me, Coach ? "

( Buzz ) " Oh Ty.... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now. "

Facepalm

:couch:

I see Wellman prancing around on a fairly consistent basis.

Anything y'all want me to say to him?

Darn, I got neg repper again for taking subtle shots at Bz. I feel bad because I didn't mean to be subtle. Let me be clear then-I think Bz is the worst thing to happen to the basketball program since Bob Stack's cougar hunting days.

Yes, from the beginning the Bz era has been doomed. Will wait for all this to pass.....

From the tone of the article, I'd guess our boy Katz is solidly bzzzout/wellmanout.

That article read like a man delivering a eulogy for a dearly departed friend. That may be the last piece Katz writes about Wake hoops.

Even a dead cat will bounce when it hits the pavement. If this isn't rock bottom of the WFU basketball program, I'd hate to see what is. This is spin worthy of Jay Carney, problem is, no one is buying it anymore, even the most pro-WFU members of the media.

We're sorry, Andy... we don't like this any more than you. Thanks for at least keeping our name out there... people can say "What happened to them?" instead of "Who?"

Nothing to see here.

WTF is Wellman going to do in this article? Throw the players/team/program under the bus? Clearly he's just giving AD speak saying that he's happy with Bz's decisions.

Do I think that outside of the media Wellman is pleased with the state of WF basketball or athletics in general? OBVIOUSLY NOT! Anybody who, in all actuality, "could not be happier" is lower than LOWF. I just don't think those people actually exist. I'm as Bz-In as anybody could be as a life-long supporter of Wake Forest basketball, and I think he has a ton of work to do, and I'm not pleased with the direction of the program. I just don't think this article, Ron/Bz/Katz's words do anything whatsoever to change the actual state of affairs, have any bearing on conditioning, practice, recruiting, or results.

But by all means, let's turn this into another opportunity to hate and speculate.

Well put Townie, that pretty much sums up how i feel about the whole thing.

Nothing to see here.

WTF is Wellman going to do in this article? Throw the players/team/program under the bus? Clearly he's just giving AD speak saying that he's happy with Bz's decisions.

Do I think that outside of the media Wellman is pleased with the state of WF basketball or athletics in general? OBVIOUSLY NOT! Anybody who, in all actuality, "could not be happier" is lower than LOWF. I just don't think those people actually exist. I'm as Bz-In as anybody could be as a life-long supporter of Wake Forest basketball, and I think he has a ton of work to do, and I'm not pleased with the direction of the program. I just don't think this article, Ron/Bz/Katz's words do anything whatsoever to change the actual state of affairs, have any bearing on conditioning, practice, recruiting, or results.

But by all means, let's turn this into another opportunity to hate and speculate.

I understand that this article doesn't affect anything that is actually happening, but it is still so frustrating that Wellman continues to say that he couldn't be happier with where the program is at. For one thing, this most certainly has to be a lie (if not, that's a much bigger problem). Secondly, he could easily say that he isn't happy with the results on the court, but he is confident that [Redacted] is setting the program up for future success. People in sports say this on a regular basis, so it certainly isn't some radical or outlandish statement. By making statements that completely ignore the actual state of the program, it makes me completely write off everything he says instead of being hopeful for the future.

I am so so so so so so depressed about the state of my basketball program. I'm going to be really sad when I finish up my JD from Wake and leave after 7 years of good times, but I can hardly bring my self to watch the team because I can't believe how far we've fallen in such a short period of time. The past couple of years have put us in a hole that will take a decade to dig out of.

I understand that this article doesn't affect anything that is actually happening, but it is still so frustrating that Wellman continues to say that he couldn't be happier with where the program is at. For one thing, this most certainly has to be a lie (if not, that's a much bigger problem). Secondly, he could easily say that he isn't happy with the results on the court, but he is confident that [Redacted] is setting the program up for future success. People in sports say this on a regular basis, so it certainly isn't some radical or outlandish statement. By making statements that completely ignore the actual state of the program, it makes me completely write off everything he says instead of being hopeful for the future.

This type of frustration is completely warranted. I am guessing it has something to do with Wellman feeling the hot seat and just giving his best calming voice. Wasn't trying to be an apologist, though that's kinda my thing. Just really sticking to the "nothing to see here" line.

Wellman said all he could say, but I don't understand why he's even giving interviews. It just makes him look like an idiot. Our basketball program is in shambles for likely years to come. I cannot fathom he actually is thrilled with the direction of the program, unless he's excited to see the new culture coming in.

Nothing to see here.

Spot on.

But it's high comedy watching the same posters over here work themselves into a frenzy over nothing new being reported.

Somewhere in ATL, Marquee Moon is walking around confused. Before reading the article he thought Ron Wellman was our football coach.

Zero chance [Redacted] is coaching in 2013-2014. Zippy. None. Nada. I just wish we could fast forward to the new coaching search and skip the abomination we're going to witness until then.

Zero chance [Redacted] is coaching in 2013-2014. Zippy. None. Nada. I just wish we could fast forward to the new coaching search and skip the abomination we're going to witness until then.

:confused:

Hope the team (especially freshmen/sophomores) don't have this mentality.

You didn't read the article close enough:

"That upward momentum might not be represented in the win column for at least two seasons, but [Redacted] is confident it will come."

That looks pretty much like the expectation is only an improvement by the end of the 2012-2013 season from where we are now. Are you sure it's a zero chance? I think as long as Bz handles all those off-courts issues better than Wellman has ever seen them from anyone ever in his life...really....and has slight improvement, Bz will be coaching.

God, how I wish I could stick my head in the sand like some others and completely ignore reality in the name of "fandom."

Would be really awesome.

Unfortunately, I haven't done a shit ton of drugs and my brain works properly.

Ehh, I could see [Redacted] still coaching in 2013-2014. All he needs is for the CMM-Rountree-Washington class to show some promise in their freshman years and then receive the blessing of an AD to coach them into a winning ACC team their sophomore years and beyond.

There are a ton of ifs between now and then, but that's kind of the point. No one has a clue what will happen. After Skip's death, Wake fans of all people should know this.

Back