• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another AD Human Shield?

Lohengrin

Banned for anti-Marxism
Reaction score
Not sure how this was missed. If not, sorry for Haas.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/latest_headlines_list/article_d8efb93e-220b-11e3-8200-001a4bcf6878.html

Skip Brown is the latest former Wake Forest great to find that he couldn’t stay away from his alma mater.

Brown, a three-time All-ACC guard from 1975 through 1977, has returned to Wake Forest as assistant director of athletics for student-athlete development and operations finance, school officials announced Friday.

“He’s going to be doing a number of things,’’ Athletics Director Ron Wellman said. “He’s going to be working with our compliance office, he’s going to be working with our finance office and student-athlete development as well. He’s going to be very busy.

Yet another legendary player brought into the athletic department. Must've anticipated Ph's post about eliminating the athletic department like Vandy...

In a past time, the comment about role models and how important they are would sound great. Now it smacks of culture propaganda.

“Somebody told me that, and I didn’t even realize it,’’ Wellman said. “You talk about role models and how important that is to athletes today. And we’ve got a bunch of them in our department beyond our Hall of Famers.

:bullshit:

Eh, Skip used to coach a church basketball team in Winston that my church used to STOMP on the reg. He'd try to like sweet talk the refs and shit as his team was getting DEBACLED. Not impressed.

Last edited:
Wellman is scared shitless. Let's hope he has good reason to be. Hatch needs to move now; every day he waits helps Ron schifozo.

Skip, we love you but please don't become a yes man for Wellman. This a real problem because Ron wont hire anybody that he doesn't think he can turn into a yes man. He wants only compliant people beholden and acquiescent to him.

Isn't Skip bobknightfan's favorite player?

I'm not going to worry until Wellman hires Kelly Vaughn. Then we'll know it's about to go down...

How the hell do we keep adding all of these people to the payroll? Where's the ROI with all of these resources we keep bringing on board?

How the hell do we keep adding all of these people to the payroll? Where's the ROI with all of these resources we keep bringing on board?

What are you worried about? We got this shit completely under control from a financial perspective.

sugarhigh.jpg

Skip is one of my all-time faves. From my hometown and my mom taught him in high school. hate to see him roped into this mess.

Agreed. I'm too young to have ever watched him on the court, but I knew him through family growing up and he was a always a really great guy to my siblings and I. It sucks that we'll likely have to clean house of a lot of people who matter in the history of this program, but are attached to the Wellman regime.

Wellman is systematically trying to create a situation where making major changes might involve making potentially very unpopular decisions. Folks, our mess is just getting worse and worse.

I used to go to Carl Tacy's basketball camps and Skip was there a couple of times. He was one of my favorites.

Back