• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another "family values" GOPer hypocrite

94Deac

Grouchy SOB
Reaction score
Republican U.S. Rep. Scott DesJarlais, who opposes abortion rights, testified during divorce proceedings that he and his former wife made a mutual decision for her to have two abortions, according to divorce transcripts released Thursday.

DesJarlais, who practiced medicine before going to Congress, easily won a second term in Tennessee's conservative 4th District despite previous revelations that he once urged a patient with whom he was having an affair to get an abortion.

DesJarlais in the court proceedings acknowledged having sex with at least two patients and he said he prescribed painkillers for at least one of them.

"Yes, she is a patient and I wrote her prescriptions," DesJarlais said.

He urged one of those patients to get an abortion during a phone conversation that he recorded. The congressman denied during the campaign that he had recorded the call, but in his 2001 testimony he acknowledged that he did. DesJarlais said he was only trying to get her to admit she wasn't pregnant.

While on the stand, DesJarlais testified that he had sexual affairs with eight different women during 1999 and 2000 while his divorce was pending. For some of the time, he was attempting to reconcile with his estranged wife, who also admitted to having sexual relations with multiple men during the same time.

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/social-issues/tenn-gop-congressmans-wife-had-2-abortions/nS7Nk/

It's Tennessee so I guess it's okay...?

Did he run for congress because he lost his medical license? He lost his license I hope.

I thought I already had a thread started on this guy. It's probably worth two of them, though. Perfectly describes what today's Republican Party is all about, and why the majority of the people in the country no longer trust them to run it.

I thought today's republican party was all about Greed, Fear, and Prejudice. You're confusing me.

Well one of the primary leaders of the Democratic Party for 40 years left a woman to die in a river. And it appears that it's a yearly event for at least one Dem .congressman from Illinois to go to prison. So get off your high horse Bob.

But yeah this dude is a scum bag, as are a large number of our politicians. Get over it.

I absolutely agree with you Brasky, but Kennedy never campaigned on not letting your date die in a river. I mean, it's a fine hair to split but in the kingdom of bald men, it makes all the difference.

I can put up with dickbags. We all pretty much have to.

I cannot put up with hypocritical dickbags.

I absolutely agree with you Brasky, but Kennedy never campaigned on not letting your date die in a river. I mean, it's a fine hair to split but in the kingdom of bald men, it makes all the difference.

Great post.

If abortion were not legal maybe he'd use a rubber?

I can put up with dickbags. We all pretty much have to.

I cannot put up with hypocritical dickbags.

GOP politicians have to understand why they get more shit for these things, right? They choose to adopt the family values/moral superiority/tells other people what families and marriages really are planks of the GOP platform, which make the fall that much harder when one of them turns out to be a scumbag. Don't run on wanting to be in charge of defining the sanctity of marriage, or what makes a real family, and then turn out to be a terrible person in those categories. Or, if you do, don't whine about how you're getting more crap for it. Of course you are.

He's a hypocrite and a douche. In other words, he's perfect for Congress.

I'll cut him some slack on the 8 "affairs" while his divorce was pending though. If you're getting divorced, you're free to fuck at will as far as I'm concerned.

Back