• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another job search thread...

RaleighDeacon

Reaction score
Members of the Pit,

Though she hasn't come on here and talked about much herself, RDToy's company shut down back in the fall and she has been looking for new employment since then. (Well, she took a break over the holidays, but really started looking in January.)

She has a sales background in pharmaceuticals. She was a sales trainer with her company as well, and for the last couple of years, she managed their PDMA compliance. (Sample managment).

She wouldn't mind going back into the field. And we are not opposed to moving for the right position. If anyone is in pharma or knows of a sales, sales training or compliance management position in pharma, please PM me and I'll pass it along. Thanks!

Does it have to be in Pharma? (Is she a sales training person or a pharma person who did sales training)?

I mentioned this in the other thread, but check Merck. Their Durham site is doing a lot of hiring, but I'm not sure which positions they're currently staffing.

Pharma sales is pretty tough to get in to right now, since most big pharma companies dissolved their sales teams during the recession.

Does it have to be in Pharma? (Is she a sales training person or a pharma person who did sales training)?

She was originally in ad sales, then went into Pharma sales. Her sales training and compliance was with the same Pharma company, but she is not dead set on staying in Pharma. She would certainly look at sales or sales training positions in other industries.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but check Merck. Their Durham site is doing a lot of hiring, but I'm not sure which positions they're currently staffing.

Pharma sales is pretty tough to get in to right now, since most big pharma companies dissolved their sales teams during the recession.

Trust me, we know... ugh... Will check that out though. Thanks!

At the risk of this sounding like an attack on your fiance, exotic dancing is a step up from pharmaceutical sales. I'm sure your fiance is one of the good ones though.

I've put together a graphic to show the difficulty in choosing between the two careers.

33y5hsm.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of the pharma reps and device reps that left the hospital to take those jobs have been coming back in recent months. Its really tough out there right now, and it sucks. Best of luck to FutureMrsRD, I know its tough.

At the risk of this sounding like an attack on your fiance, exotic dancing is a step up from pharmaceutical sales. I'm sure your fiance is one of the good ones though.

I've put together a graphic to show the difficulty in choosing between the two careers.

33y5hsm.jpg

Ha! Actually we met when she was slinging crack (so to speak... har har har) while hanging off a stripper pole. She got downsized to Pharma sales. (This does not mean breast reduction.)

My favorite part of your post was the ETA reason.

Is relocation an option. The company I work for in Charleston is looking for a director of inside sales, granted I think we may be hiring that person before the end of the quarter so not sure if there is time to get her involved. We sell HR software solutions for the hourly service industry. Let me know if you are interested in learning more and I can send a link to the job description.

Is relocation an option. The company I work for in Charleston is looking for a director of inside sales, granted I think we may be hiring that person before the end of the quarter so not sure if there is time to get her involved. We sell HR software solutions for the hourly service industry. Let me know if you are interested in learning more and I can send a link to the job description.

Yeah, let us know. Relocation is certainly in play as my role with Cisco lets me telecommute, so I could go anywhere with Internet. Just PM me with the details please!

Yeah, let us know. Relocation is certainly in play as my role with Cisco lets me telecommute, so I could go anywhere with Internet. Just PM me with the details please!

I've got to get a job like this. Working from home/remotely is awesome, and I don't get to do it nearly often enough.

I've got to get a job like this. Working from home/remotely is awesome, and I don't get to do it nearly often enough.

Same here actually. Since I am here in Raleigh I actually go into the office on Tuesday through Thursday usually, but once I finally convert our third bedroom into just an office in a couple of months, I may just work from home almost 100 percent of the time.

Not to sell her short, but I am pretty sure you guys are confusing the field sales reps with what she used to do (unless I am confused about what she used to do).

ETA: I mean I don't mean to sell her short on the hottie part. I think everyone else is selling her short on the position.

Not to sell her short, but I am pretty sure you guys are confusing the field sales reps with what she used to do (unless I am confused about what she used to do).

ETA: I mean I don't mean to sell her short on the hottie part. I think everyone else is selling her short on the position.

To be fair to everyone, she did spend a couple of years as a field sales rep, but that was not the most recent experience. She went from field sales to sales training, but the last two years at the company she was their PDMA Compliance Manager so she was completely corporate office and not in the field at all by then. She still dealt with the field, since she managed their compliance with the FDA, but it was mostly just to yell at someone for being inept at paperwork.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I am hoping that I won't have to revert back to my stripper days...

In all seriousness I do have experience as a Pharma sales rep, pain management and cough/cold products and selling advertising for a weekly newspaper, Orlando Weekly. My most recent position I handled all our sample compliance and prior to that I was a sales trainer. I'd prefer to either go back into sales, doesn't have to be Pharma or go back into sales training. I enjoyed the learning experience as a sample compliance manager but really have no desire to be a babysitter for a bunch of sales reps who don't get the implications of mishandling samples.

Whelp there we have it. I wasn't trying to speak in any direction on attractiveness, I just thought that the job search here was in a different direction (which it appears to be).

Back