• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another thing Bzz did that lingers on

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
He took WF basketball to such depths that it was not much fun to follow basketball at all. My brackets reflect the lack of understanding I had of all the teams and that is all on Bzz! ;)

Yeah.. My kids are into the tourny this year and all about UNC and Duke and even MD and why did they leave. Bleh... I just can't even get excited about it at all.

He took WF basketball to such depths that it was not much fun to follow basketball at all. My brackets reflect the lack of understanding I had of all the teams and that is all on Bzz! ;)

Bud, there are not many people, quite frankly, that are going to understand UAB beating Iowa State or Georgia State beating a good team like Baylor. But you are right in that Ron Wellman & his Jeffie B hire took a lot of the starch out of my basketball enthusiam. I didn't have bball tickets for those 4 years. But I am now excited about the program again with Coach Manning and who he is bringing in and going after.

Hell I had same problem with ACC tourney

My problem with the ACC Tourney is different. I've been to it a few times. Used to be you'd only have to take off 1 day - Friday, and skip the Thursday nite LRI. It was a great 3 days. But now you have to take off the whole damn week if you want to go, and with more games, it's much more expensive. And you have to sit through 2 days of shite games before you see the good teams play. Even if Wake were 1 of the best teams in the conference, I can't see taking that kind of time off and spending the extra $$ for shite games and 2 more days in a hotel. If we make it to the final and it's in Greensboro, I might road trip down and try to scalp tix.

Bud, there are not many people, quite frankly, that are going to understand UAB beating Iowa State or Georgia State beating a good team like Baylor. But you are right in that Ron Wellman & his Jeffie B hire took a lot of the starch out of my basketball enthusiam. I didn't have bball tickets for those 4 years. But I am now excited about the program again with Coach Manning and who he is bringing in and going after.

Oh I am excited now and think I'll enjoy this coming year more than any in a long time. I think Manning is working his butt off to try to bet us some players that will make us good again! Just hope he finds a real shooter for next year.

Baby steps. I actually cared about a couple of games this year. I expect I will pay more attention next year and so on. I expect it is the sports equivalent of being a prisoner of war. You are detached from society and have to gradually re enter.

My problem with the ACC Tourney is different. I've been to it a few times. Used to be you'd only have to take off 1 day - Friday, and skip the Thursday nite LRI. It was a great 3 days. But now you have to take off the whole damn week if you want to go, and with more games, it's much more expensive. And you have to sit through 2 days of shite games before you see the good teams play. Even if Wake were 1 of the best teams in the conference, I can't see taking that kind of time off and spending the extra $$ for shite games and 2 more days in a hotel. If we make it to the final and it's in Greensboro, I might road trip down and try to scalp tix.

That's what I did when we went back-to-back in the mid '90's! Good times!!:D

Back