• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anthony Fields to Bradley

CHillDeac

Reaction score
There's a thread about Carson so I thought I'd throw up one for Anthony.

Fields is looking to bring his game, his leadership — including his excellent grades off the court — to a program soon. Fields will be visiting Bradley this Friday and tells us he has a variety of interest from programs in the CAA, the Valley, the Big 12 and the Pac 12 right now. Coach Isaac Pitts, who coached Fields at Quality Education Academy, is helping Fields navigate the recruiting game all over again.

Fields told us he wants a family atmosphere where he can lead both on and off the court. Anthony Fields is a quality young man who also possesses a lot of ability at the point guard spot. He should find a comfortable landing spot that will be a better fit for him than Wake was.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012-0410/transfer-update-pg-anthony-fields/

Maybe I am missing something here, but I would prefer to play in the Big 12 or Pac 12 than Bradley. Good luck to AF wherever he ends up. Seems like a good kid and who achieved Academic All-ACC at Wake, a noteworthy accomplishment.

Wow, that was quick. He just visited Bradley this past Friday. Did he make it to any of the other schools that had expressed interest?

Just found this article which better explains his decision.

http://www.pjstar.com/bradleyhoops/x1364612730/Wake-Forest-transfer-Fields-commits-to-Bradley

"First and foremost, Coach (Geno) Ford and I have a great relationship," Fields said by phone. "Being a point guard and having a great relationship with your coach is really important. The facilities at Bradley are unbelievable. It's a great place with great tradtion. "I like the plan they have in place -- getting great players and winning championships. I hope to be part of bringing that tradition back."

He did not commit upon leaving BU on Sunday, rather waiting a couple of days to think about it. Stanford was also pursuing Fields.

"This is my last go-around and I wanted to make sure I got it right," he said. "Bradley is a great fit for me."

BU began recruiting Fields two seasons ago when he was playing at Quality Education Academy, a prep school in Winston-Salem, N.C. BU assistant coach Willie Scott was his primary recruiter.

He's from MI. Maybe he wanted to be closer to home. Otherwise, with his academics, Stanford may have been a good choice.

"First and foremost, Coach (Geno) Ford and I have a great relationship," Fields said by phone. "Being a point guard and having a great relationship with your coach is really important. The facilities at Bradley are unbelievable. It's a great place with great tradtion. "I like the plan they have in place -- getting great players and winning championships. I hope to be part of bringing that tradition back."

...huh!

I gotta say I thought we were getting a complete dunce from a diploma mill/athlete factory when I heard about our signing Fields from "Quality Education Academy." I was dead ass wrong. He's clearly a great student with a good head on his shoulders.

Surprised he would turn down Stanford for Bradley.

It said Stanford was "pursuing" him, not necessarily that they had offered him.

Stanford has 2 guys who would play in front of him for his entire career there, right?

Bradley is... well... there are plenty of minutes available...

I gotta say I thought we were getting a complete dunce from a diploma mill/athlete factory when I heard about our signing Fields from "Quality Education Academy." I was dead ass wrong. He's clearly a great student with a good head on his shoulders.

I admitted the same mistake today. I'm sorry he is leaving as we need more guys like him.

See you in the NcAA Tourney, Anthony.

I mean, we'll be seeing it on TV.

Fields to Bradley

From today's WSJ....per former QED coach....

"Bradley is comparable to Wake in academics, and the atmosphere was really good,"

No offense to Peoria but....HUH ?

Back