• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anti-Israel (and -Semitic?) cartoon in The Sunday Times

KickballDeac

Bernie Eskimo Bro
Reaction score
sundaytimes270113.jpg

"Israeli Elections-- Will Cementing Peace Continue?"

Sunday happened to be Holocaust Memorial Day.

You really did it this time, Milhouse. Even Rupert Murdoch has apologized: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21239917

(The artist was actually Gerald Scarfe, who was the animation director for Pink Floyd's The Wall. He says he "very much regrets the timing" of the cartoon's publication)

Shit. I forgot that the Holocaust gave Jewish politicians perpetual immunity from being caricatured in political cartoons.

From the article:

"Whatever the intention, the danger of such images is that they reinforce a great slander of our time: that Jews, victims of the Holocaust, are now perpetrators of a similar crime against the Palestinians," he said in a statement.

The gall.

Last edited:
rkarl should come back with that picture as his avatar. that would eliminate the "confusion" that people had between rkarl and rjkarl.

what say ye mods? free rkarl!

All I saw was Anti-Israel in the title and last post was Milhouse's.

Click.

I'm Jewish.

I find the cartoon right on the money. :noidea:

by the way, just started this
519rz1pfGIL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Anyone else read it?

Back