• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any chance he'll resign?

Probably will never happen since George Shinn doesn't even own a team anymore. You might as well have said Ted Turner. I guess we're screwed.

George Shinn now has a tight church league team. Bz is a perfect fit.

Because this isn't being tucked away in a cubicle for another year at a miserable job. Every day you're ridiculed in public and that's gotta be hard on a man and his family.

Resigning would be the best thing Bz ever did for Wake Forest.

You're right. Obama should resign!

At least sooooooome people like Obama. I don't know that anyone outside of jaybone actually likes BzzzzyBz.

Those people are sheep. Certainly you realize how tough it is on the family of the usurper. Besides that, Bzzz makes more money than the usurper. He could make more money, legally, in the private sector. He could go back to the senate or become a Saul Olinsky organizer or whatever.

Don't get me wrong I'm Bzzz out too.

Bzzzz has presumably held positions with better than average salaries. Maybe he's in the position to just retire. Play golf. Travel. Lounge on the beach. That's GOT to be better than being despised by most of your "fans".

I think he makes around a million per year. What does he care if most of the fans want him gone? The calls last night to his show weren't even that bad. The fans aren't chanting "Fire Bz" at the games. If I was making a million per year and knew that if I leave I'd be lucky to find a job where I make one tenth that you'd have to drag me out. Beyond that, I suspect he believes in his ability and thinks he's as good as any coach in the country. The only way he leaves is if he's fired and gets a buyout. And considering Wake is already on the hook for a buyout to Dino (whose contract was inexplicably extended only months before he was fired- which ranks along with the hiring of Bz as one of biggest WTF moments in Wake athletics) I don't think the money is there for a second buyout.

Last edited:
Bzzzz has presumably held positions with better than average salaries. Maybe he's in the position to just retire. Play golf. Travel. Lounge on the beach. That's GOT to be better than being despised by most of your "fans".

Doubt he resigns, no matter the circumstances. He's got to be somewhat concerned with his legacy, and this will likely be his last job at the NCAA level if he gets fired for his utter and complete failure at Wake. Pretty sure he's got to be thinking he's going to prove all of the doubters wrong, and persistence in this mindset will ultimately define his career as a basketball coach. If he pulls it off (which I HIGHLY doubt), he will take credit for the tremendous turnaround in our program. The funny thing is, we didn't need a turnaround until he got here. :drool:

I think he makes around a million per year. What does he care if most of the fans want him gone? The calls last night to his show weren't even that bad. The fans aren't chanting "Fire Bz" at the games. If I was making a million per year and knew that if I leave I'd be lucky to find a job where I make one tenth that you'd have to drag me out.

Exactly. You can endure plenty when you see that $75K+ check hit your bank account each month. Bzz has it easy at Wake. Wake is an easy place for a coach to suck. Bzz would have death threats by now from some crazy redneck fans if Wake were a larger State school.

I think he makes around a million per year. What does he care if most of the fans want him gone? The calls last night to his show weren't even that bad. The fans aren't chanting "Fire Bz" at the games. If I was making a million per year and knew that if I leave I'd be lucky to find a job where I make one tenth that you'd have to drag me out. Beyond that, I suspect he believes in his ability and thinks he's as good as any coach in the country. The only way he leaves is if he's fired and gets a buyout. And considering Wake is already on the hook for a buyout to Dino (whose contract was inexplicably extended only months before he was fired- which ranks along with the hiring of Bz as one of biggest WTF moments in Wake athletics) I don't think the money is there for a second buyout.

Very true. I don't think Bz is aware of how he is perceived by WFU fans, and I don't think he really even cares. Has he done even one thing since becoming the coach to try and develop his relationship with the students, alumni, and local fans? The guy has more job security than any of us. If you don't like it, too bad.

You have to feel for her. Holy shit, what she must be going through.

I'm sure she is fine. Her dad has lulled the majority of students in campus into a blissful state of indifference. Heck, half the school doesn't know anything other than BZZZZZ.

You seem to think the psychos on this board reflect the student body.

Not only at a large state school. How long do you think Duke would put up with this shit?

Has he done even one thing since becoming the coach to try and develop his relationship with the students, alumni, and local fans?

Must we go through this one on every thread? Students have reported him talking with them in the Pit, passing out food, etc. He's done the Coaches Versus Cancer stuff and spoken with alumni groups like every other coach. I'm not a fan of the guy but let's not act like he sits in his bell tower wringing his hands with diabolical thoughts of how to destroy Wake running through his head.

Must we go through this one on every thread? Students have reported him talking with them in the Pit, passing out food, etc. He's done the Coaches Versus Cancer stuff and spoken with alumni groups like every other coach. I'm not a fan of the guy but let's not act like he sits in his bell tower wringing his hands with diabolical thoughts of how to destroy Wake running through his head.

Doesn't seem like his limited efforts have garnered much good will.

Doesn't mean that he's not out there trying to connect. He's incredibly awkward in large groups and in front of the media. One on one or in small groups & talking basketball, he's not bad (no Skip but who is?). If he was winning, he wouldn't be much different than Odom was, persona wise

It's just sad and poor. I never thought that my school would stand by quietly as a once proud part of it toils in a terrible disaster. No other part of this school would endure or tolerate such poor performance.

But, yet, we sit back and are told to wait it out. "Things had to change"...... I would never wish this type of excuse to any one.

The fact no one has tagged this thread results in the perfect answer to the question the thread posits

Hatching his evil plot in Boulder:

MUHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA

682733888_KXULd-M.jpg

Of course not! That's obviously Ron Wellman's job...

Back