• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any IT sales jobs available out there?

BWELLS21

Reaction score
In a nut shell: I worked as a Business Development Manager/Sales for 5 years selling software to the financial industry (Credit Unions/Banks). Compensation was in the form of commissions and residual income. My company wanted to re-structure and take away all residual income. I said no and they said yes. I was the one to go. I live in Greensboro but I am not limited to Greensboro. I've been lurking on the WF boards (both WF boards for 10+ years). My dad and brother are both WF graduates and another brother attended grad school at Wake. Any help from fellow Deacons is very much appreciated.

No, I am a computer programmer in their product. Up and coming company, imho, with European expansion and big US contracts on the horizon. Their stock (PEGA) has done well this year.

There are all kinds of IT sales jobs out there depending on what you want to do. RTP is full of them - Cisco, NetApp, Nimble Storage, BMC, Extreme Networks all have large inside sales offices in that area. LinkedIn is a great resource of IT sales. I've been selling IT for 19 years (IBM, Cisco, VMware). Feel free to PM me if you have questions. I'd suggest making list of the top 50 or so tech companies you're interested in, get on their websites to check openings, and then use LinkedIn to see if you can get an "in". Lots of hiring going on right now.

check this out:

http://www.sungard.com/careers.aspx

pm if anything looks appropriate and i'll submit your resume.

deacphan - you work at Sungard? I've done a fair amount of business with them in the past - we hosted a large number of services with them in Marlborough and Philadelphia. From what I saw (and I spent a lot of time in those DC's), it seemed like a pretty good place to work.

I'm working with Sungard now. They are replacing our company's workflow. Nice, professional people. I'm working with their folks from Birmingham, AL, so I end our conference calls with "roll Tide!"

lol

small world. yeah i work in their financial services consulting division. ever worked with the investran group? that's us.

Thanks awaken, deacphan, and Azdeac. I'll look into everything tomorrow again. I may PM with questions. I thank you for your information.

Check out http://www.arrow.com/careers/. I work in the ECS division - we are a distributor and carry the major hardware vendors (IBM, HP, EMC, Net App, Hitachi) as well as many software vendors (VMware, SAP, Oracle, Riverbed, etc). If something looks interesting let me know. We also have a huge components side of the business....we're one of those $21 billion dollar companies that you've never heard of.

deacphan - you work at Sungard? I've done a fair amount of business with them in the past - we hosted a large number of services with them in Marlborough and Philadelphia. From what I saw (and I spent a lot of time in those DC's), it seemed like a pretty good place to work.

Sungard is a pretty great place to work and they take fantastic care of their employees.

Thanks truifh0 and Bears and Deacs. I will look into those tomorrow as well. Proud to be a Deac fan (not only in sports). It's great to see so many bond together on other issues.

Any of y'all have connections to sales jobs in the Charlotte area? They don't need to be immediate. We won't be moving for at least a year.

Any of y'all have connections to sales jobs in the Charlotte area? They don't need to be immediate. We won't be moving for at least a year.

IT sales? or what are you looking for? i may be able to help. dhtoy is in software sales.

Have a friend looking to hire his first full time sales employee. He started his own IT consulting firm here in Raleigh last year and has been really successful. Servers and big data and all that shiz I think. Is that your world? If so, he'd probably be interested.

Back