• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any suggestions/recommendations for Universal/Harry Potter?

What is Epic Universe. With a 3.5 year old, I’m so out of the amusement park scene.

I’ll use this thread to give updates on Epic Universe which is slated to open in 2025. I think it’s going to completely change the game in Orlando. The last new major theme park (not amusement park like Six Flags or Cedar Fair) to open was Animal King. Epic Universe should be a huge step forward for the industry.

Here’s an article with a summary of the rides expected in the five main areas of the park: Central Hub, Super Nintendo World, Universal Monsters, Harry Potter, and How To Train Your Dragon. Each land is completely separate from the others.

https://themeparkshark.com/universa...ing-built-at-universal-orlandos-epic-universe

Epic Universe is the new Universal theme park being built just south of the current property near the convention center. It will open by Summer 2025. The link above has plenty of info.

Last edited:
Only been once when my kids were in college...went with or met up with several of their friends...adults and kids split up during the day (mostly) and met up for dinner (mostly)...we had a good time. We stayed in one of their places (sort of a retro 50s vibe IIRC) it was fine IIRC. Main thing I'll suggest is that if you are wanting to spend a day at the water park (Volcano Bay) then consider reserving a cabana and order lots of food and drink...we did this and had a really nice day playing, eating, napping, etc.

Volcano Bay has a great ride reservation system. It’s designed to minimize wait times and maximize time in between rides in the wave pool, lazy rivers, and cabanas. I really want to do the cabanas next time we go with friends.

That et ride is some kind of bad acid trip. The second half is so weird.

Yeah. Feels weird to give a 40 year old sci-fi property the small world ride treatment. The ride could use some re-imagining to stay relevant. Or at least a new coat of paint - look at the YouTube video of the ride today and every element of it looks like it’s covered in 20 years of dust.

When I look back on it, I visited Universal at at a weird time 10 years ago when like 5 different classic rides were about to close, so half the park felt neglected.

Last edited:
Pretty sure ET was closed in January for some upkeep when we were there. Not sure if it was major or minor.

I still remember riding the dueling dragons ride years ago and told my girlfriend now wife, “ it was awesome, I literally drooled!”

I still remember riding the dueling dragons ride years ago and told my girlfriend now wife, “ it was awesome, I literally drooled!”

Yeah. I think it had recently opened back up when we were there in late January. They added back a feature where ET says your name at the end.

I hope they keep it. There’s a lot of dead space around it they could use instead.

Back