• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody going to Wake Forest @ Georgia Tech on Wednesday night?

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
I'm going w/ the wife. Sitting w/ the WAKEAtlanta alumni group behind one of the baskets.

Since I moved to Atlanta a few years ago, I've either taken clients (none interested this year) or gone by myself (cathartic). I've yet to see a competitive game and I'm not expecting to see one this time around, either.

Any other masochists planning on attending this game?

Thanks. Was wondering if we played today but didn't bother looking.

Didn't get a ticket with the Alumni Club, but there are tickets in the section (it's 105, right?) on StubHub for under $25. I will decide tomorrow whether to pick one up (or pick up a $6 upper). It's just not fun to watch us get our ass kicked, but like a train wreck, I just can't seem to turn away.

Thanks. Was wondering if we played today but didn't bother looking.

I thought it was tonight, that just shows the state we're in, because there used to be a time not long ago when I could tell you the exact date and time for every game for at least the coming 2 weeks.

The only interesting thing left in this season is to see whether or not DT will have a complete meltdown in a game

Didn't get a ticket with the Alumni Club, but there are tickets in the section (it's 105, right?) on StubHub for under $25. I will decide tomorrow whether to pick one up (or pick up a $6 upper). It's just not fun to watch us get our ass kicked, but like a train wreck, I just can't seem to turn away.

Yeah, Section 105.

McCamish is a great venue... They did a really nice job w/ the renovations a few years back.

I was supposed to be in Atlanta this week so bought a ticket right behind the Wake bench. However, plans changed at the last minute and am now trying to sell. $50 OBO. 5 rows behind the bench. I know the team sucks but you'll at least be able to witness first hand the legendary Ryan Horn and his bench antics.

So we're 1-8(?) against Clemson in past 9. I'd be willing to bet our record vs the Jackets isn't much better. Even when we were good we'd struggle to in there.

I picked up 2 tickets through the Wake Atlanta group. I'll most likely have to play it by ear though.

The only interesting thing left in this season is to see whether or not DT will have a complete meltdown in a game

I say if he does and he punches out a referee, opposing player, or a teammate, he gets a pass.

A brief history of the last 11 Wake Forest trips to Atlanta... SPOILER ALERT: We've lost 10 in a row there.

2015 – GT 73 WFU 59 – GT jumps to an 11-0 lead as Wake misses its first 7 shots. Wake shoots 29.7% from the floor. The Deacs close the game on a 7-0 run to only lose by 14.

2014 – NO GAME

2013 – GT 82 WFU 62 – GT jumps out to a 16-0 lead, hitting 4 3-pointers in the first 3 minutes of the game. Lead stretches to 30 points by late in the first half. Outcome never in doubt.

2012 – GT 69 WFU 62 – Wake Forest doesn’t get called for a foul until the 4:43 mark of the first half. Competitive game that sees Wake up by as many as 5 in the 2nd half before GT goes on a run to put it away with about 5 minutes left.

2011 – GT 74 WFU 39 – Wake Forest shoots 34.6% from the free throw line (9-26). After trailing 6-7, GT goes on a run and opens up a 44-26 halftime lead. GT scores the first 7 points of the second half and WFU is never closer than 24 points the rest of the way.

2010 – GT 79 WFU 58 – Proving that even good Wake Forest teams still get spanked in Atlanta, GT uses a 14-2 run early in the 2nd half to open up what had been a close game.

2009 – GT 76 WFU 74 – Freshman Iman Shumpert hits a game-winning pull-up jumper over Jeff Teague with 1 second left. The Deacons (ranked #6 in the country) fall to 17-2 on the season. It is the first conference win for Georgia Tech. Aminu vs Aminu… both brothers have a double-double.

2008 – GT 87 WFU 79 (OT) – After a 2-2 start to the game, GT leads the entire way until Jeff Teague ties the game w/ 43.6 seconds left. GT blows a 13 point lead, but manages to secure an overtime victory.

2007 – GT 75 WFU 61 – Javaris Crittenton (!) scores 22 points and adds 9 assists as GT opens up an early 17 point lead. A Jamie Skeen 3 pointer with 8:02 left cuts the deficit to 52-56, but GT responds w/ a 9-0 run to put the game away. Thaddeus Young scores 17. Wake avenges this loss w/ a 2OT 114-112 victory in the ACC Tourney.

2006 – GT 76 WFU 61 – Eric Williams scores 24 points and pulls down 15 rebounds, but it isn’t enough to keep the Deacs from dropping yet another ACC road game. Wake has lost 9 of 10 on the season. The win stops a 1-11 skid for GT.

2005 – GT 102 WFU 101 (OT) – Jarrett Jack hits 2 free throws w/ 3.3 seconds left in OT to give #22 GT the victory over #5 WFU. Chris Paul (2-11 from the floor) misses potential game-winners in both regulation and overtime. Eric Williams scores 27. Will Bynum has a career high 30.

***2004 – GT 76 WFU 80 – Justin Gray carries the Deacs to victory, scoring 26 points to cap off a run where Wake Forest beats 3 ranked teams in a row (Cincy & Duke). Freshman Chris Paul shoots 1-6 and has 2 points to go along w/ 4 turnovers.

We haven't won in Atlanta or Raleigh since the Nut Punch game. 0-18 since then.

I was at the 2009 game. A possession or two prior to the Shumpert game winner, we threw an inbounds pass from the sideline in our own back court that no one was ready to receive. The ball bounced and bounced until it went over the end line.

Wow - those bring up some bad memories. The two bolded were particularly bad.

A brief history of the last 11 Wake Forest trips to Atlanta... SPOILER ALERT: We've lost 10 in a row there.

2015 – GT 73 WFU 59 – GT jumps to an 11-0 lead as Wake misses its first 7 shots. Wake shoots 29.7% from the floor. The Deacs close the game on a 7-0 run to only lose by 14.

2014 – NO GAME

2013 – GT 82 WFU 62 – GT jumps out to a 16-0 lead, hitting 4 3-pointers in the first 3 minutes of the game. Lead stretches to 30 points by late in the first half. Outcome never in doubt.

2012 – GT 69 WFU 62 – Wake Forest doesn’t get called for a foul until the 4:43 mark of the first half. Competitive game that sees Wake up by as many as 5 in the 2nd half before GT goes on a run to put it away with about 5 minutes left.2011 – GT 74 WFU 39 – Wake Forest shoots 34.6% from the free throw line (9-26). After trailing 6-7, GT goes on a run and opens up a 44-26 halftime lead. GT scores the first 7 points of the second half and WFU is never closer than 24 points the rest of the way.

2011 – GT 74 WFU 39 – Wake Forest shoots 34.6% from the free throw line (9-26). After trailing 6-7, GT goes on a run and opens up a 44-26 halftime lead. GT scores the first 7 points of the second half and WFU is never closer than 24 points the rest of the way.

2010 – GT 79 WFU 58 – Proving that even good Wake Forest teams still get spanked in Atlanta, GT uses a 14-2 run early in the 2nd half to open up what had been a close game.

2009 – GT 76 WFU 74 – Freshman Iman Shumpert hits a game-winning pull-up jumper over Jeff Teague with 1 second left. The Deacons (ranked #6 in the country) fall to 17-2 on the season. It is the first conference win for Georgia Tech. Aminu vs Aminu… both brothers have a double-double.

2008 – GT 87 WFU 79 (OT) – After a 2-2 start to the game, GT leads the entire way until Jeff Teague ties the game w/ 43.6 seconds left. GT blows a 13 point lead, but manages to secure an overtime victory.

2007 – GT 75 WFU 61 – Javaris Crittenton (!) scores 22 points and adds 9 assists as GT opens up an early 17 point lead. A Jamie Skeen 3 pointer with 8:02 left cuts the deficit to 52-56, but GT responds w/ a 9-0 run to put the game away. Thaddeus Young scores 17. Wake avenges this loss w/ a 2OT 114-112 victory in the ACC Tourney.

2006 – GT 76 WFU 61 – Eric Williams scores 24 points and pulls down 15 rebounds, but it isn’t enough to keep the Deacs from dropping yet another ACC road game. Wake has lost 9 of 10 on the season. The win stops a 1-11 skid for GT.

2005 – GT 102 WFU 101 (OT) – Jarrett Jack hits 2 free throws w/ 3.3 seconds left in OT to give #22 GT the victory over #5 WFU. Chris Paul (2-11 from the floor) misses potential game-winners in both regulation and overtime. Eric Williams scores 27. Will Bynum has a career high 30.

***2004 – GT 76 WFU 80 – Justin Gray carries the Deacs to victory, scoring 26 points to cap off a run where Wake Forest beats 3 ranked teams in a row (Cincy & Duke). Freshman Chris Paul shoots 1-6 and has 2 points to go along w/ 4 turnovers.

Wow - those bring up some bad memories. The two bolded were particularly bad.

I was at both of those games. That 74-39 game, in particular, was just awful to watch. We were terrible.

Last year's game was pretty miserable, too. It's rough when the highlight of attending the game (as a Wake Forest fan) is seeing the 25th anniversary reunion of the Lethal Weapon 3 GT Final Four team at halftime.

rdlol.gif

Back