• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone add on a 3 or 4 season room to their house?

DeacOnCapeCod

Reaction score
Wife and I looking into this but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

DeacOnCapeCod
(now fletcher, nc)

We use all of our rooms every day of the year.

I had a four season room at my old house (for the jokers, this is a screened porch with temporary "windows" you can put in to seal it during the winter) and really missed it at the new house, mainly because of mosquitoes. We tore down half our deck and put in a large screened porch. It's not a four-season room, but I may still look into modifying it.

Oh, a porch. Doesn't most everyone in the South have a porch?. I don't really see the point in going through all of the work to make it "4 season". I have plenty of other rooms for when it gets too cold (or too hot) to sit on my porch.

Fresh air, no bugs. It's kind of nice to sit out there in the rain too. The four-season room actually worked well as a greenhouse too, I grew basil all winter.

My next door neighbor has the ultimate one of those rooms, I think they dropped like $50k on it. It has a full outdoor kitchen but under the roof, several flatscreens, several ceiling fans, amazing tile floor. It is fantastic for watching football in the fall.

Isn't that just a screened porch though?

Usually they have sliding glass windows or panels that go over the screens (or some have no screens), so it doesn't get as damp as a normal screened porch. Some people will put a woodstove in there and use it in the winter. It's tough to describe how it is different, but you know it when you are in it. Most of the ones I've seen are pretty cool, and I think probably get more use than a traditional screened porch.

My house had a "sun room" that was too hot in the summer and freezing in the winter - almost all windows. We added a mini split and it is awesome. Relatively inexpensive and totally quiet - we use the room a lot more now.

My house had a "sun room" that was too hot in the summer and freezing in the winter - almost all windows. We added a mini split and it is awesome. Relatively inexpensive and totally quiet - we use the room a lot more now.

GTFO WITH YOUR 2-SEASON ROOM. THIS IS A THREAD FOR ROOMS USED IN AT LEAST 3 SEASONS!!!!!!!!!!1111JUANJUANJUAN

thank you for keeping this on topic - 3+ season rooms only.
we are looking for something more than a screened in porch- mostly for a kids play room. Our house is halfway up a mountain (lots of trees and little sunlight), so I don't think it would overheat in the summer, but would be frigid in the winter.

and yes. I lived on cape cod and it was awesome. insanely expensive, but awesome.

Back