• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

anyone ever seen nicki bluhm and the gramblers?

I only know the covers they do in their van on youtube. Here's an original (on a trolley) that I liked

What did you think of the show?

I was not that familiar with them previously - I listened to a lot of their stuff on Spotify yesterday to prep for the show. I thought the show was really, really good. The band is very talented and they play great together. Nicki has a really good voice. She sounds just as good live as on their recordings. I also really liked a few songs where she sings with her husband - they sound great together (I assume it is her husband - same last name). The show was almost all their original stuff though they did awesome covers of "Somebody to Love" by Jefferson Airplane and a Linda Ronstadt song that escapes me right now. All in all I would recommend catching their show if you get a chance.

The venue was pretty cool as well - MotorCo in Durham. Small, bar-like atmosphere - mostly open floor with some stadium-style bleachers. I would say there weren't more than 200 people in there - probably fewer. They have a mini-restaurant (Parks and Labor) next door and we grabbed some food before the show - very interesting little place. It has a bar and picnic tables scattered around with a big screen on the wall where they were showing the latest Walking Dead - I think it was kind of a viewing party. The food was really good and eclectic...

"You're no good" was the Ronstadt cover they did... Nicki's voice was great for covering Ronstadt and for covering Grace Slick.

Back