• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone know anything about NC or SC horse rescue non-profits

AMCDeac

Richard Joyce
Reaction score
Yeah, a bit random but someone I know is looking to make a donation to a well-run local or regional horse rescue non-profit in someone's honor. Anyone have experience with such organizations? Greater Charlotte region preferred but not necessarily required.

Thanks for any suggestions.

A friend of my wife's is somehow involved with a horse rescue farm. I've seen her friend being interviewed on the news over the years whenever there have been malnourished and mistreated horses. I believe they're in Yadkin County. I can certainly get some info for you.

The person being honored has always loved and dreamed of owning a horse. Now that he is retiring and has the resources, he could get his own horse. But at 74, and with his house in metro Charlotte, he recognizes that t is probably the wrong time to own a horse and take up riding. So a client he has represented for the last 30 years wants to make a surprise donation is his name. It would be good if he could sponsor a rescue horse somewhere near Charlotte and visit or volunteer at the site, too, but that isn't necessarily critical.

The Stables at Poplar Grove in Wilmington has an Equine Rescue Program for neglected and abused equines. One of my best friends has been working with them in honor of her late sister, a horse lover, and I know the program would be thrilled with a donation like this.

A friend of my wife's is somehow involved with a horse rescue farm. I've seen her friend being interviewed on the news over the years whenever there have been malnourished and mistreated horses. I believe they're in Yadkin County. I can certainly get some info for you.

Place in yadkin www.re3ottb.org.

Back