• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING 'BOUT DROIDS?

Egg

Reaction score
2 Things
1) my droidx wont text certain people. namely slothrop. Anyone know why and have a solution
2) my droidx also just locks up for like an hour or two every now and then. I'd like for it to stop. I love the phone, but this is becoming a huge fucking headache lol.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP LEMME KNOW!

2 Things
1) my droidx wont text certain people. namely slothrop. Anyone know why and have a solution
2) my droidx also just locks up for like an hour or two every now and then. I'd like for it to stop. I love the phone, but this is becoming a huge fucking headache lol.

root it and throw on a new... everything.

how do i root it?

EDIT: Also, what does that meeean?

<--------NOTPHONESAVVY!

EDIT AGAIN: I googled it...I dunno how that would help??? God I wish I knew anything about this.

Last edited:
2 Things

Make sure there isn't a 1 in front of the phone number. My droid 2 syncs with facebook and some people put a 1 in front of their phone number on there. Once I removed the 1 from the saved phone number, I was able to text those people.

Make sure there isn't a 1 in front of the phone number. My droid 2 syncs with facebook and some people put a 1 in front of their phone number on there. Once I removed the 1 from the saved phone number, I was able to text those people.

this is brilliant

how do i root it?

EDIT: Also, what does that meeean?

<--------NOTPHONESAVVY!

EDIT AGAIN: I googled it...I dunno how that would help??? God I wish I knew anything about this.

rooting isn't difficult, just gives you greater access to the software of the phone. from there you can install a new operating system that's better/more debloated than the stock one.

if you don't really care for any of that, hopefully there are some other easier fixes for you. i don't really know anything about droidxs.

good luck!

Caps lock harder, Egg.

Also, DID YOU IGNORANTLY NEGREP ME WHILE YOU HAVE LESS THAN 50 POSTS? I CAN'T TELL BECAUSE THE COMMENT YOU LEFT IS AMBIGUOUS AND SLIGHTLY HOMOSEXUAL (AS IN IT MAY BE INTERPRETED AS A COME ON). I AM OK WITH THIS ON SEVERAL LEVELS.

/cruisecontrol

I THOUGHT I POSREP'D YOU. LIKE I'M 95% SURE I DID. IT WAS A COMEON.

I reboot it whenever it locks. I probably need to root and remove some verizon shit...but whatevs its working again.

Neg Reps I recieved for this thread:
"HAS ANYONE REALLY BEEN FAR AS DECIDED TO USE EVEN GO WANT TO DO LOOK MORE LIKE?"
"who are you"
lol. im sam.

Last edited:
Had a similar texting issue. I edited the contact so that their phone was listed as "mobile" and not "home" and voila - I was able to text them.

Back