• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone Remember These Days?

I will say this: One player doesn't make a program capable of being a legendary juggernaut. This is imaginative thinking of home fans.

What one player are you talking about, that span started with Rodgers and ended with Duncan, so it was more than one. Point is everybody seems to think Duke was always tiers about us like UNC, not so even a decade into the K era.

anyone old enough to remember those days should seriously consider switching to @DoveCareMen

I know WF was equal with Duke at one time. And it wasn't far behind UNC. When I was in school, neither UNC nor Duke had won a modern national championship. We played them both tough and won our share. Except when it actually counted. Coach K transformed Duke into a legendary juggernaut. Wake hired Staak. I think it's RJ who always cites Odom's record with and without Duncan. It's bad. And I realize that we had two other players in close proximity to Duncan who were awesome, Rodney and Chill, but that's about it. Without Duncan, neither of those others makes much difference.

Also, the brothers who used to ride the bike out were close family friends to my grandpa. He admitted all the time to purposely side scraping the Duke and UNC huddles during rivalry games just to piss K and Roy off.

Must say I have always been partial to the "Let's get ready to rumble" Michael Buffer intro that they used to do.

Man that intro gave me chills, even 9 years later. WOW. Thank you Skip, you built that. Too bad Ron had to destroy Prosser's incredible legacy.

Those videos get me pumped, but also make me sad. I'm in the RoRo dunk video, one of the maniacs losing his shit in the 2nd row physically assaulting my friends as the deafening din of the cavernous Joel is filled with complete and unadulterated irrational joy at what we had just witnessed. That may have been the loudest I've ever heard the Joel in my 4 years of attending and perhaps even since. Even when Chill was lighting up the scoreboard in the 2nd half, I think there was more bewildered, how in the hell can this be happening? kinda excitement as opposed to the absolute ape shit crazy celebration when Rodney simply broke a 17-17 tie.

Almost makes me wanna cry from the sense of longing that begins to creep in as I watch. Glad I have so many games from the early 90's on DVD. And I think my mom & dad still have some of the 2009 season on VHS\DVD. Not sure it ever got converted due to the paralyzing shock of the Cleveland Steamer. My debauchery in Vegas at a buddy's bachelor party is probably the only reason I was able to cope with that loss (having not seen it and probably never will).

That's probably the one where Duke radio homer Bob Harris accused the Deacon of intentionally aiming the chopper's exhaust at the Duke bench in an attempt to gain an advantage.

To answer the question, sure do remember those days and good times a lot earlier than those, but they all seem much longer ago than they should.

Choke on this Coach Kry!! Hahaha the good 'ol days.

I can't find any video of the 2OT game against Duke in 2003, so here's this:

a-gray-021303.jpg

Also found this gem of an article from 2006: http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=223881

We beat Duke three years in a row at the Joel. #HistoricallyCompetitive

That was the game Strickland didn't brick the 360 dunk in overtime if i recall correctly. I was at that game as well.

LOL found this gem as I was tearfully masturbating to highlight videos from the glory dayz.

I hate myself for having never seen that video.

That was the game Strickland didn't brick the 360 dunk in overtime if i recall correctly. I was at that game as well.

Correct. He barely made it to the rim, but the ball still went in. And then he crowd-surfed the court storm.

Back