• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone Watching 24 Legacy

oldmandeac

Reaction score
Surprised there isn't a thread about the latest incarnation of 24. It use to be discussed after every episode. Still remember someone mapping out Jack's movements around LA and how many days/weeks it would take.

Just curious of reaction to it if anyone is watching (or if I overlooked an existing thread)

I've been in for the first 3. I'll admit it is not the same. I'll probably keep watching but its taking me a while to get into a whole new cast. No Jack, no Chloe, no way is it as good.

Watched the first two so far. It's ok. Kiefer is what kept me coming back for the original run. Jack Bauer >>>>> No Jack Bauer

24 always had the strange personal relationships to fill up time - the analyst in season 8 who changed her name after being involved in a homicide with her abusive boyfriend who tracks her down which CTU background checks failed to uncover (how is that for feeling this group is protecting national security) but the wife staying with the drug dealing brother while his wife plots against him with a competing dealer is more Empire than 24... Jack's menace is missing and the top tech guy with glasses is a poor excuse for Chloe. They tried to improve Carter's menace factor with an extra gut shot as he stepped over some bad guy he had shot several times but he has a long way to go.

The only thing that hasn't changed is that CTU, whether a section, division, or now national level, still has to rank as one of the worst places to work ever! Everyone is supicious of everyone else, willing to go behind others backs with the slightest provocation, and all report to the most in approachable bosses who are quick to judge and always in fear of keeping their jobs.

I find it hilarious that the offices in these shows are some dark warehouse looking space that always looks like there are no lights in the joint. Is that suppose to enhance the "top secret covert" factor?

I am current and it's cooking with gas.

Not jack but evolving into a compelling story

I find it hilarious that the offices in these shows are some dark warehouse looking space that always looks like there are no lights in the joint. Is that suppose to enhance the "top secret covert" factor?

like on the blacklist, they appear to be working in someone's basement, and the only light in the offices is some desk lamp. God forbid I try to watch these shows during the day - I have to close all the blinds in our den or else the light makes it impossible to see what's going on.

Got caught up over the last few days. It's sooooo ridiculous and I'm starting to love it again

Such interest that no one commented on the last show... (not sure I understand why dad turned over the list to the enemy other than presidential candidatr son's wife ran some illegal op and he was afraid of backlash to son's campaign and for this he helped terrorist attacks? I am clearly lost and somehow less than engaged/interested)

I just didn't have any interest. The 24 storylines just got dumber and dumber as the seasons passed, so the only thing that was bringing me back was Jack Bauer and how many times he could say dammit. No Jack = no me.

I just didn't have any interest. The 24 storylines just got dumber and dumber as the seasons passed, so the only thing that was bringing me back was Jack Bauer and how many times he could say dammit. No Jack = no me.

For me it was [shouting] TELL ME WHAT I WANT TO KNOW! Tony actually said this when torturing Jimmy Smits dad but he said it low key with a smirk... probably the highlight of the season

Back